Bukkit Dead, MCServer next?
Hi all,

I've heard the news about the Bukkit DMCA takedown. It's sad really, Bukkit was cool and it's been dying for two or three months now with little to no development. My questions is, is MCServer going to be it's replacement? I know most people don't know about it, but MCServer looks promising. What do you think?Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Of course we hope that we will become the successor to Bukkit, but at this time it's too early to say. The server is no-where near completion feature-wise, so people trying it out soon find out that it's lacking this or that, and they don't use it in the end. I think the lack of a decent AI is currently the biggest hurdle, if we get over it, we may have a chance.

At least with us people can be sure that there's no DMCA incoming Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2014, 08:34 AM)xoft Wrote: Of course we hope that we will become the successor to Bukkit, but at this time it's too early to say. The server is no-where near completion feature-wise, so people trying it out soon find out that it's lacking this or that, and they don't use it in the end. I think the lack of a decent AI is currently the biggest hurdle, if we get over it, we may have a chance.

At least with us people can be sure that there's no DMCA incoming Smile

Yeah, no DMCA here. Smile

So, is the AI being actively worked on? I'm not developing so, I have no right to be antsy, but just wondering. MC-Server is awesome! When I get my Intel NUC and install Linux, I want to be able to use MC-Server on it. Just excited for it, C++ for the win!
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2014, 08:28 AM)pikachu784 Wrote: Hi all,

I've heard the news about the Bukkit DMCA takedown. It's sad really, Bukkit was cool and it's been dying for two or three months now with little to no development. My questions is, is MCServer going to be it's replacement? I know most people don't know about it, but MCServer looks promising. What do you think?Big Grin

I think it is the way to go. Everyone is friendly, and open to ideas.

The only downside is the AI, and could be crowd sourced with the right Lua hooks.

"My Mine Craft server is MC-Server" -- sing that to the Dr Pepper jingle!

Heck, I'm a geriatric and I'm being coached on using github just to get my ideas put into place. (Hey, you ... get off my lawn!)
Thanks given by: