Permissions=core.help,core.playerlist,core.pluginlist,core.spawn

users.ini:
[SomeAdmin]
Groups=Admins

[FancyModerator]
Groups=Moderators

[ImportantPerson]
Groups=Vips

And I'm trying to give home commands (from plugin) and also /help, /spawn and /tpa
The Default ranks cannot even do /help
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.
groups.ini and users.ini are no longer used for permissions. Use the webadmin to edit permissions (you need the Core plugin enabled, but it is by default).

Alternatively, if you delete the "Ranks.sqlite" file, the server will read groups.ini and users.ini and convert them to the new format used. Note that this is only a temporary solution, it is used for migrating old data to the new system, and may be removed in newer versions.

There is a task in the tracker to implement permission-related commands, so that you could add permissions using the server console: https://github.com/mc-server/Core/issues/87
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2015, 06:39 PM)xoft Wrote: Hello, welcome to the forum.
groups.ini and users.ini are no longer used for permissions. Use the webadmin to edit permissions (you need the Core plugin enabled, but it is by default).

Alternatively, if you delete the "Ranks.sqlite" file, the server will read groups.ini and users.ini and convert them to the new format used. Note that this is only a temporary solution, it is used for migrating old data to the new system, and may be removed in newer versions.

There is a task in the tracker to implement permission-related commands, so that you could add permissions using the server console: https://github.com/mc-server/Core/issues/87

So if I delete Ranks.sqlite will I have a problem later on? Or is it completely ok?
Thanks given by:
No, it will be alright. You can even erase it again if you need to change the permissions. I'm just letting you know that there's a much better way, using the webadmin.
Thanks given by:
I delete Ranks.sqlite but whenever I run my server, it crashes and re-creates the file. Btw great job so far guys!
Thanks given by:
Yes, because that file is how ranks and permissions are stored now; the users.ini and groups.ini files are migrated to this new storage if it doesn't exist; with some defaults brought in.

Now, if the server crashes, I'm interested in details. What OS? Self-compiled or downloaded executable? Any message before the server crashes? Anything interesting in the logs?
There are two "How to report crashes" guides, for Windows and for Linux:
https://forum.cuberite.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10
Can you use them to provide as much info as possible? Thanks.
Thanks given by: