Trying to run RaspPi Server - Permission Denied
Hey people,

I've been trying to run a MCServer on my Raspberry Pi, as i saw others doing the same. I've used the MCServer.tar located on http://builds.cuberite.org/ for Linux armhf.
Unpacked it in the Pi and runned the server.

It worked well using localhost, but when i tried to connect using external IP it didn't work, even if my ports (25565 and 25566) are forwarded and marked as Open in online port checkers.

But the weirdest thing is that if i connect a SSH client (putty, in my case) in the Pi, log in it, and try to connect Minecraft to the server's external ip, through the same network from where i've connected the SSH, it works Huh

I suspect that it has something to do with Pi's user permissions, or something like that, because when i try to edit some of the MCServer files (not all of them, most of the webadmin folder, for example) with normal user ("pi" user, not superuser "root") it returns a "Permission Denied" error.

Well, when it works, it runs incredibly smooth, even better than Spigot, Bukkit and Vanilla server (i've tried to run all of them on the Pi), so congratulations Cool

Any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Also, i've tried to compile MCServer myself on the Pi, and it gave me the following error, in the midle of the "make" command http://puu.sh/eRXtJ/a87b00873a.png
Thanks given by:
I'm not an expert with Linux, but I think you have to update your gcc and g++ if you want to compile it for yourself.
Thanks given by:
No idea about the connection issues. But yes, in order to compile MCS yourself, you need gcc version 4.8. It should be fairly easy to install:
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...4#pid17334
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply!

I've solved the issue by using tmux via SSH and running the server on it.

Btw, the first world created itself in the Creative mode. I switched it to Survival and then some weird things happens.

There are only Skeletons and Creepers around, some items just duplicate (i put them on the ground, and it appears in my hand, maintaining the ones on the ground) and the animals are very laggy.

But in the overall, movement are as smooth as the ground breaking and looting. Very little lag.
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2015, 11:11 AM)Phyro Wrote: Thanks for the reply!

Btw, the first world created itself in the Creative mode. I switched it to Survival and then some weird things happens.

There are only Skeletons and Creepers around, some items just duplicate (i put them on the ground, and it appears in my hand, maintaining the ones on the ground) and the animals are very laggy.

But in the overall, movement are as smooth as the ground breaking and looting. Very little lag.

What version of the MC client are you using? 1.8+ has some very weird artifacts due to protocol differences.
Thanks given by:
Yes, Survival mode is currently buggy: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues/1699
Also there's nearly no AI, that's why the mobs are weird. I'm afraid the server is not ready for Survival usage yet.
Thanks given by:
Oh i see, i guess i will keep playing with my friends in Creative mode until i find anote server client that works well on the Pi just as MCServer =/
Will be waiting for future updates though

Thanks anyway Wink

(01-23-2015, 11:33 AM)wudles Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 11:11 AM)Phyro Wrote: Thanks for the reply!

What version of the MC client are you using? 1.8+ has some very weird artifacts due to protocol differences.

Yeah, curretly using the 1.8 build of MC.
Thanks given by: