Is mc-server compatible with version 1.8.1 clients?
Question 
Hi,
I'd like to run a minecraft server on my (old) android mobile phone (1 GB Ram; armhf, Lubuntu running with Linux Deploy)
Can I connect to my server with a version 1.8.1 client? (In the /mc-server/README.txt-file, there is only version 1.6.4 named, but the Github (main?) /README.txt-file says, mc-server supports client version 1.8.1)
Thanks given by:
Yes it's compatible for 1.8 and for 1.7 clients.
Thanks given by:
I don't think our latest android version supports it though.

Somebody was able to get it working with a different method though: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...ht=Android
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2015, 06:29 AM)Seadragon91 Wrote: Yes it's compatible for 1.8 and for 1.7 clients.

Actually, that's not quite true. MCS is 100% compatible with 1.7.x clients; however, 1.8 has some changes in protocol that can create odd artifacts -- disappearing blocks, weird positioning of some entities.
Thanks given by:
If you're running as a Linux app it definitely supports 1.8 clients. If you want to run it as an Android app then if you can build the app from latest master it should work with 1.8 clients. But no-one has built it for months and it may be completely broken. Part of the problem is that android doesn't tie into our build system we never know if we've broken the build. If you want to give it a go please post any build errors you get so we can try and fix them.
Thanks given by: