SphinxOres is hitting a VERIFY()
Moin!

I have a problem that I would like to address now. It's been a while that I tried to create an Anti-XRay plugin for MCServer. It worked for a while and created some awesome XRay-landscapesBig Grin

But after some time, when I was working to implement the function that would make it possible for players to just mine as normal, my plugin hit a VERIFY after some time (20 seconds) playing on the server.

Since the LightingThread has it's own instance and the whole generation process is multi-threaded, it hits the VERIFY even before the server is able to start the generation.
Here is a screeeeeenshot:
[Image: kvs3QHJ.png]

I would appreciate it soo much if we somehow were able to fix this because this would be a huge step forward in popularity of MCServer.
The source of my plugin is obviously on Github: https://github.com/SphinxC0re/SphinxOres
If you have any suggestions for my code, feel free to submit a PR.

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Anyone? D:
Thanks given by:
I can't see a reason why it would crash. Maybe if you let it crash in debug mode that it will report a better error message?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 6tlCBlf.png]
Here. I don't think this will help though. But I hope so Smile
Thanks given by:
Looking back at this, I think the changeblock packet might be too big? Is that a possibility? The NetworkSingleton is destroyed, but it's still sending the packet or something? Or is that crash only a result of the error in cWorld::GetChunkData?
Thanks given by:
That's only a secondary damage. The first verification fail causes the server to abort, which calls the cNetworkSingleton destructor without deinitializing first, so it asserts for the second time.
The real culprit is somewhere in the lighting code, it requests chunk data for a nonexistent chunk, although one should be present, because it's all running inside a cChunkStay.
Thanks given by:
My question is if the problem is on the plugins' side or on the server side?
Thanks given by:
I'd appreciate if someone would tell me how to fix this. I think it crashes because I'm requesting a chunk regeneration inside a HOOK_CHUNK_GENERATED

The problem occurs since the servers lightning is done multithreaded
Thanks given by:
I actually don't think that this is a problem in your plugin, but some kind of weird thing in the server.
Thanks given by:
Ah, okay. That's not really a good thing but it's a startBig Grin
Thanks given by: