Map Conversion
Hi all,

I need some help. I got a fresh version of MCServer and I loaded up a map (map attached to this thread. I tried loading this map into MCServer, but every time it generates a brand new map and completely ignores this new map I put in. I went into settings.ini and configured everything, but no matter what I do, it just generates a brand new map! Please help me, I don't know what to do!

Attached Files
.zip   Alpine Summer Hub.zip (Size: 513.32 KB / Downloads: 212)
Thanks given by:
could you upload your normal map (befor trying to load it with MCServer) to a hoster like mega?
Thanks given by:
Here is a link to the file:

https://www.mediafire.com/?na38ardpu8g0y90

I don't know why you would need it on an external site...
Thanks given by:
I suppose the map on-disk layout is different from what MCS expects. Can you verify that the folder structure is correct? MCServer looks for map data files in <exefolder>/<worldname>/region/*.mca; make sure that there is no additional foldering along the way.

For example, my MCServer executable is in a:\MCServer and it loads map files for world "world" from a:\MCServer\world\region\*.mca
Thanks given by:
I got to work, only by putting in the spawn coordinates by hand. I guess the big problem is that MCServer dosen't seem to find the original spawn location.
Thanks given by:
Ah, yes, the spawn location is not read from the vanilla files, MCServer stores the spawn location in the world.ini file. We should probably do something about this.
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2015, 06:37 PM)xoft Wrote: Ah, yes, the spawn location is not read from the vanilla files, MCServer stores the spawn location in the world.ini file. We should probably do something about this.

Yes, please do.
Thanks given by:
The problem is, we want server admins to be able to adjust the spawn coords using our simple config files, rather than hacking it with an NBT editor. And there's just no way to make those two work together.
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2015, 12:11 AM)xoft Wrote: The problem is, we want server admins to be able to adjust the spawn coords using our simple config files, rather than hacking it with an NBT editor. And there's just no way to make those two work together.

Well, maybe it could import the actual map's spawn coordinates into the world.ini instead of just generating it's own.
Thanks given by:
But there's already spawn coords in world.ini, and they're different. What to do then?
Thanks given by: