Running MCServer on a Raspberry Pi
Question 
Hi there,

i'm running MCServer on a Raspberry Pi B, it works quite good. The only huge problem i often get is that, if somebody spawns they fall into the ground because the world is still loading and then they are stuck in there or worse fall out of the map.

How can i prevent this? Can I freeze all Players while they are spawning (or reconnecting) for 2-3 sec, this could help. Or can somebody write a simple plugin which delivers such function (for a Pi)? Is there also the possibility to save player items with a plugin. I see MCSever comes with several plugins but for most of them i don't know for what they are good for.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for this C++ Server tool!

Best regards

Kdax
Thanks given by:
I could write a plugin that freezes all nearby players until the exposed chunks are loaded.

I would use the ChunkStay function of the API to do that.
Thanks given by:
The raspberry pi 2 runs the server much better than the old model B. However, tell your players not to jump off the world. They wouldn't jump in lava after all, why jump out of the world Wink
Thanks given by:
Well, he's saying that sometimes that the players are spawned in unloaded chunks and the RasPi has trouble loading them instantaneously. Thus players find themselves suspended in the air when they log back on for example.
Thanks given by:
You can try this:

https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1799

I wrote a plugin to hopefully stop people from falling in the void due to unloaded chunks.
I don't really have hardware that struggles to load chunks so I couldn't really test it. I would very much appreciate any feedback on it.
Thanks given by:
Thank you very much. I will test it the next days and let you know if it works. I'm just a little bit busy this weekend, but untill monday night I should have tested it.

Best regards

Kdax
Thanks given by:
No problem, and your english is fine. It's perfectly readable. Smile
Thanks given by:
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1802

Use this instead, it's a bug-tested and remade version of it.
Thanks given by:
Hi Diamond,
I tested the first version, unfortunately I did not saw any changes of my servers behavior. I can give your new version a try, but I'm busy till Wednesday. Furthermore after I start running the minecraft server on the pi my friends rented a server, which we will use now. So I will be on my own on the pi server while testing, which are not quite the best circumstances I guess.Confused

Best regards

Kdax
Thanks given by:
Yeah, the first version had a pretty critical bug that I failed to see, sorry about that. I fixed it as fast as I could.

I hope the second one works, that one I actually managed to test it using a fairly weak ARM board and It seemed to block player movement in the correct spots while notifying the player.
Thanks given by: