Moving from Spigot Server
Hello,
I am looking to transfer my Spigot server (uses vanilla world files, I think) to MCserver. I have copied the region files and the player data to their respective folders, but there are a couple of issues:

1) The player data doesn't seem to have been moved over correctly (when I log in, I don't have my inventory or position)
2) I spawn in the ground
3) The spawn chunks seem to have been regenerated
4) I can't tp/rank myself up more than once (player not found after the first time I tp myself)

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks given by:
I believe that player data is formatted differently in MCServer, and the spawning in the ground issue can be fixed by resetting spawn. Not too sure about the last two though.
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome to the forum.
  • That's because MCServer doesn't use the playerdata files like vanilla does. MCServer saves all player data in a different file.
  • That's probably because once again MCServer doesn't read the vanilla files. It creates a file called "world.ini", and in there you'll see that the spawn points are defined.
  • The spawn chunks regenerate probably because the server choose new spawn coordinates and there were no chunks there yet.
  • Really that's weird. I can't think of anything that causes that.
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2015, 08:53 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Hi and welcome to the forum.
  • That's because MCServer doesn't use the playerdata files like vanilla does. MCServer saves all player data in a different file.
  • That's probably because once again MCServer doesn't read the vanilla files. It creates a file called "world.ini", and in there you'll see that the spawn points are defined.
  • The spawn chunks regenerate probably because the server choose new spawn coordinates and there were no chunks there yet.
  • Really that's weird. I can't think of anything that causes that.
Thanks so much for helping! Do you have any solutions to the problems, though, any way to convert a world to the MC or move the player data? Also, is there any way to prevent the chunks from being re loaded?
Thanks given by:
Solutions to problem #1 and #2
  • Currently there is no way to convert the two. We could possibly create a plugin that transfers the data, but we need an API for that first. (possibly export cFastNBT?)
  • You can check the spawn coordinates by going to the spawn on your Spigot server and then manualy changing the coordinates in the MCServer world's world.ini

About #3:
I think I explained what probably happened there, or are there questions? Smile

About #4:
I still can't think of a reason why that would happen. Can you tell us step-by-step what you do?
Thanks given by:
I'll do some research about #2, #3 and #4
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2015, 08:18 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Solutions to problem #1 and #2
  • Currently there is no way to convert the two. We could possibly create a plugin that transfers the data, but we need an API for that first. (possibly export cFastNBT?)
  • You can check the spawn coordinates by going to the spawn on your Spigot server and then manualy changing the coordinates in the MCServer world's world.ini

About #3:

About #4:
I still can't think of a reason why that would happen. Can you tell us step-by-step what you do?

It's okay - I might stick with my original server until I have the time to fix this Smile Thanks!
Maybe when the map resets, I'll move the server over - it seems like a great server from my testing, and the only issues seems to be found when the map is created anew.
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2015, 07:56 PM)TheRunningOtaku Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 08:18 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Solutions to problem #1 and #2

About #3:

About #4:

It's okay - I might stick with my original server until I have the time to fix this Smile Thanks!
Maybe when the map resets, I'll move the server over - it seems like a great server from my testing, and the only issues seems to be found when the map is created anew.

Posting this for other people that might find this thread, and OP if he still needs it.

Created a little tool in C# that converts player data (and some world info) to MCServer format. See readme for details.

Next on my todo list is a command line mode for use on servers.

Works fine with Mono on Linux. Should you find any bugs (you probably will), create an issue on GitHub.

Download: https://github.com/Lochnair/MCServer-Wor...r/releases
Thanks given by:
Ooh, niceBig Grin That will help allot of people Smile
Thanks given by:
Simply awesome and usefull, thanks for this.
Thanks given by: