Small issues - please help?
Heart I've been running a small server for a while now, and I was wondering if there if anyone could tell me how to make things better.

At the moment all these animals gravitate towards water and .. stay in water bodies forever. Is there a simple script that I could use so that all these -normal- animals like cow, sheep, chicks and wolf do not step on water anymore? Avoid it?

I've noticed that sometimes animals switch species to wolf on my server.

Grass does not grow. Dirt doesn't "turn green". Can that be fixed with a grass growth script somehow?

Item frames seem to always be misplaced when the server starts anew.

Paintings seem to disappear.

What I really care most about is the grass not growing. Places start to look very barren when you try clean a place up to build something.

Please help me? Heart
Thanks given by:
We did have some problem with grass not spreading, but I thought that was fixed.
Thanks given by:
It has? Last update of the server binary I did was about a week ago.
Thanks given by:
I've redownloaded the very latest build, and the grass doesn't re-grow on to dirt blocks without grass.
Thanks given by:
Should I try this again in some weeks?
Thanks given by:
Grass isn't fixed; we're not quite sure of the problem yet. Looks like painting/animal saving is malfunctioning. The item frame protocol hasn't been updated for 1.8 yet, or something broke.

In short, definitely wait a bit Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll gladly wait! You have my deep admiration for programming this, debugging this! If there is a way to support you all without knowledge of the codebase, let me know.
Thanks given by:
The fixes for those issues are in the process of being integrated into the server.

Support us by spreading publicity? :)
Thanks given by:
I've already infected 2 other people with this. One of them really desperately wants redstone to work properly, the other one is fine with what we've got so far ... the players are enjoying immensely so far!

It's true though, having a working mine cart/rail system would be something ... but we can't use powered rails everywhere.
Thanks given by:
Woohoo!

I've just noticed: grass is growing now!

Is there something like a changelog where I can see at a glance what changed?
Thanks given by: