How do I add permissions and ranks?
I have no idea what to do with the permissions and ranks.
I goto Webadmin. The websites are like totally out of nowhere that doesn't make any sense.
I am not sure about it.
Tried with GenerateSelfSignedHTTPSCertUsingOpenssl and got
'openssl' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
What am I suppose to do and how?
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Okay, three separate problems.
First, the webadmin. I suppose you just opened the "webadmin" folder on the disk and clicked random files in it. That's not how it works. You need to edit the webadmin.ini file next to MCServer.exe, it defines on what port the webadmin is running and what users are allowed to use it. It has a description at the top, you should be able to follow it. Then you run the server and use the browser to go to "http://localhost:8080" (change the number after the colon to the port number you specified in webadmin.ini, 8080 is the default).

Second, the ranks and permissions:
In MCServer, you assign ranks to players. Each player can have only one rank. The rank defines , among other things, the groups of permissions that the players can use. Each permission group is just that - a group of permissions that has been assigned a name. You can reuse the same permission group in several ranks, and each rank can have multiple permission groups.

So, let's say you want to add the (imaginary) permissions "myplugin.permission1" and "myplugin.permission2" to players in the "Default" rank. The best course of action is to add a new permission group, using webadmin's Core -> Permissions page. Enter the name "myplugin" at the edit box and press the "Create", the group will be created; return to the group list, locate the group (it will most likely be at the bottom) and press the "Add permissions" button next to it. Add each one the permissions using the editbox and button on the next page.
Next, go to the Core -> Ranks page, and click the "Edit groups" button next to the "Default" rank. Select the "myplugin" group and click "Add group".

Your second problem is with SSL certificates. By default the webadmin uses the unsecure HTTP protocol - that is good enough for home use, but if you want to manage a server running at a hosting, you will need the secure HTTPS protocol. For that, you need a SSL certificate (the server says so in the log when it starts up). You can either buy a signed certificate from a certificate authority, or create a self-signed one (the browsers will display a warning if you do that), using the GenerateSelfSignedHTTPSCertUsingOpenssl.cmd script file. However, in order for script to work, you need to install OpenSSL first.
Thanks given by:
Ah thanks for welcoming and helping me solve these problems.
I've finally got into the webadmin.
The problem is that the suffix, prefix and visual colors won't work.
on console it says: cRankManager::SetRankVisuals: Rank Admin not found, visuals not set.
What does that mean?
I even have admin as default in.
Thanks given by:
The error message seems like a bug, at least for me, I get the error message in the console as well, but the settings did save. In any case, you should be able to just ignore it, all should work regardless of this error message.
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2015, 10:39 PM)xoft Wrote: The error message seems like a bug, at least for me, I get the error message in the console as well, but the settings did save. In any case, you should be able to just ignore it, all should work regardless of this error message.

Prefix and Suffix doesn't work.
I tried [Founder] Prefix and [Developer] Suffix.
Even without the brackets.
Thanks given by:
Okay, maybe the prefixes don't work, I've never really tested them since I don't like them at all Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-13-2015, 11:48 PM)xoft Wrote: Okay, maybe the prefixes don't work, I've never really tested them since I don't like them at all Smile

My gawd...
Thanks given by:
There are plugins to make up for it though: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1231
Thanks given by:
(04-14-2015, 02:53 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: There are plugins to make up for it though: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1231

Oh thanks!
Been finding it for awhile...didn't notice.
Thanks given by: