Villagers
I'm brand spanking new to the forum so please don't hurt meBlush. I definitely am a noob with Minecraft, MCServer, Banana Pi, Bananian (great name, right?) and all things linking those items together. I actually downloaded the server and successfully installed it on the Banana Pi (yay me!) after much consternation.

Anyway, my wife (who is way more knowledgeable about Minecraft and who has actually administered a rental Minecraft server a while back) tells me there is a dearth of villagers on our new Banana Pi MCServer.

I searched the forum here but could not find anything about how to increase their numbers. Sorry if I missed something obvious but I could use a litle guidance here.
Thanks given by:
Mob spawning is a bit bugged at the moment. The server seems to want to spawn alot of creepers, especally in large bodies of water. Until spawning is fixed, theres not really much you can do. Sad. And also, since you're running a Banana Pi, do you mind testing this for me?:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yqiqylfc2iia2...5.zip?dl=1

It's a "special" version of the server that I just compiled that uses LuaJIT which greatly increases performance for devices like these, it's most noticable when you're using plugins. Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll give it a looksee and then let the wife and nephew have at it. I'll expect some help from you in return.Big Grin I'll be opening another thread soon concerning my trials and tribulations trying to compile on the Banana Pi and hopefully you can help me there. Since I'm not really a developer this stuff goes over my head a lot. I was a COBOL programmer for a while in the late 80's and had my hand in several other mainframe languages in the early 90's but obviously nothing like this stuff!Tongue

I'll test your code out later today after I get some shut eye for a while.
Thanks given by:
I had a TON of problems compiling for ARM, but I got the CMakeLists.txt editing down so it compiles smooth, so I'd be glad to help. Smile
Thanks given by:
That's great to hear. Okay I just ran an unsuccessful test (SIGABRT: Server self-terminated due to an internal fault) but that doesn't mean I didn't do something wrong. It seems like we should open up a different thread for this. What do you think? Also, I need to see how to show a screen shot or at least attach a file of copied error output. Since it is your test server why don't you open a new thread asking for testers and I'll respond with my results. You might even get some more competent testers to volunteer. Blush
Thanks given by:
Seems like it's a bit distro-dependant. It likely wants a certain C++ runtime library that is unique to my device. Sad I'll compile it on other various devices that I own and hopefully have a somewhat working build for people out there. I do know that the x64 version works on other machines however.
Thanks given by: