Animal behaviour
Some small tweaks that make the animals on the server behave less erratic? These are just suggestions, but this would help a LOT with animals acting much less silly than they do now ...

# Animals try to avoid heights
AvoidHeights=horse,chicken,rabbit

# These animals try to avoid large bodies of water:
AvoidWater=chicken,wolf,cow,sheep,pig,rabbit,horse

# Animals gravitate towards trees
HomezoneTree=wolf,rabbit

# Animals prefer fields of grass
HomezoneGrass=cow,sheep,rabbit,horse

# Animals prefer fields of dirt
HomezoneDirt=pig,chicken,horse

# Animals prefer small enclosoures
HomezoneDen=rabbit,wolf

# Animals prefer roof (if nearby)
HomezoneRoof=horse,cow, pig, sheep

# Animals seek out valleys
HomezoneValley=sheep,rabbit,cow
Thanks given by:
Is this a plugin suggestion or not?Tongue
Thanks given by:
^^ Y-yes, it kinda is. I can't write it -- hehe... it was my understanding that this is the place where you go and say, "Plz write me a plugin, plz..?" Sorry if I was mistaken. Smile Don't mean to be rude at all!
Thanks given by:
Yes, but I interpreted it as a MCServer feature request Wink
Thanks given by:
Oh, no, this is just kinda something to make the animals clown around a little less until the server is doing this properly. XD
Thanks given by:
It's not easy at all plugin-wise. It would be more feasible and a better permanent option to improve the mob AI within the server. I'm a bit curious to see what the code looks like so I'll look at it. Smile
Thanks given by:
=^_^= If you can get the sheep to go mee-e-e-e, and the piggy wiggys to snort, and the moo-cows to moo, -- sillyness aside -- that'd be levels of awesome!

I don't really mean the sounds, but - so far they really don't even do that. All the animals are completely mute vegetables! Haaeeeelp!
Thanks given by:
It's definatly possible through a plugin, it would just be tedious and inefficient. Tongue Keeping track of every mob state would also be a CPU demanding task to implement in Lua.
Thanks given by:
I could implement most of these in the server itself, and not as a plugin.
Checking for closed enclosure sounds challenging.

One could cheat and consider any roofed place a closed enclosure.
Thanks given by:
Back when I wrote this, I did not know that animals in Minecraft behaved more or less completely random. That they'd select random waypoints and then pathfind a way to get there. If the animals in MCServer really behaved like how I described here, that would make them far ... faaar more sophisticated than in the normal Minecraft servers. Smile At that time I didn't know you would be tackling how they behave. At that time I was .. desperate to just see somebody address their issues.

Really amazing work you have done!

I think all that's left, from this thread ... would really be the animal sounds. If you want to change their behaviour and make them smarter in anyways -- I think that's entirely your call now -- I quite enjoy them behaving like they become implemented more and more in recent weeks. But yeah ... not having them be mute would be nice. Hear their footsteps and noises. I do miss that.

I noticed that wolfs are the most advanced. Or so it seems. We don't yet have any breeding, and wolfs don't eat chickens at all (which might be a good thing, because if they do it too often there would be NO chickens in my world left, as wolfs tend to somehow spawn everywhere like invading armies, they have a ridiculous spawn rate), or attack who's attacking their owner (if tamed), but you know .... I'm seeing so much progress here! I can only say again, Thank you very much for that!
Thanks given by: