MCServer updating
If I would like to update MCServer to a newer build, I override the MCServer executeable, webadmin html files and the included plugins.
But it's not working for some days now. Is something changed, or am I doing something wrong? Also tried to remove config files, but this didn't help. (furnace.txt)
The problem is, the server crashes 5-10 seconds after a player joined. The world is generating, stops generating, crashes.
There are no errors in the log excepting for:

Code:
info [16:24:23] Player falkseidl has joined the game
Err  [16:24:29]   D:    | MCServer has encountered an error and needs to close
Err  [16:24:29] Details | SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault
Err  [16:24:29]   D:    | MCServer has encountered an error and needs to close
Err  [16:24:29] Details | SIGABRT: Server self-terminated due to an internal fault

A rollback to the old plugins and executeable fixes the problem.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried removing the world's region folder? (You might want to backup it first.)
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 07:06 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Have you tried removing the world's region folder? (You might want to backup it first.)

Tried it now, it works! But the custom building in the world are gone. So it's a thing with the world.
But the update fails with all worlds (on different servers)
Thanks given by:
Is there a way to update the server without removing the important region folder?
Thanks given by:
There should be, and the fact its causing a crash indicates a bug in the server.
Thanks given by:
Could you upload the world somewhere and post a link? It seems there's something wrong in the files themselves.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2015, 04:41 PM)xoft Wrote: Could you upload the world somewhere and post a link? It seems there's something wrong in the files themselves.

He has opened a issue on github and has added a link there with the mca file.
https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/is...-100372488
Thanks given by:
Good, I hope the mca files are enough, and you dont need the level.dat
If so, write me, then I upload it.

But I have another question, before some days I had problems with my servers TPS (fluctuations between 6 and 20). I founded out, it was the size of the world, it was 1,5gb big.
The world was only some days old, and I asked me why its so big. I generated a new world in the hope that it will not be so big, but meanwhile its again 800mb, and the world is only one day old. The TPS with this 800mb world is OK, but when it reaches again 1,5gb, then the TPS will fluctuate again I think.

Now, I've found the storage option in the world.ini and asking, whats the best setting to prevent this TPS problems, and hold the file size of the world like vanilla style?
Thanks given by: