Poll: Do you want to have ability to write plugins in C++ or another language?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
11.11%
1 11.11%
No ( post why not , if you can )
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Another plugin language - beacos LUA is hard for some ppl
I should probably optimize and recompile my binaries for that.
Thanks given by:
a bit of offtopic: Oreobfuscator implemented in c++ sounds like an awesome idea to me. Smile
Thanks given by:
Why would MCServer do that? MCServer shouldn't stop hacks like those, but only hacks that slow down the server if you'd ask me. Otherwise you'd only slow down the server for people who don't need it.
Thanks given by:
Imo, hackers using xray on survival servers to gain unfair advantage are a big downside to other players, too.
Of course, it should be changeable in the config.
Tbh, it wouldn't have to be a full-fledged oreobfuscator, something like send stone instead of ore blocks if the player isn't within 5 block range would be sufficient to make the lifes of xray users harder.
Also, spigot has one implemented in the server itself.
Thanks given by:
(05-13-2015, 05:49 AM)jan64 Wrote: Imo, hackers using xray on survival servers to gain unfair advantage are a big downside to other players, too.
Of course, it should be changeable in the config.
Tbh, it wouldn't have to be a full-fledged oreobfuscator, something like send stone instead of ore blocks if the player isn't within 5 block range would be sufficient to make the lifes of xray users harder.
Also, spigot has one implemented in the server itself.

I kind of agree with this. xray can affect servers negatively. C++ implementation I suppose would be faster than a Lua implementation of it. PVP servers would heavily suffer from xray users. I would recommend just an option in the ini config to turn it on or off and have it off by default.

If you wanted more flexibility then an API to turn it on or off for individual players, but I'm sure a setting in the ini file would be perfectly fine for most use cases.
Thanks given by: