Sending custom packets - Fake entity
Can i somehow send from LUA fake entity packets ? They will be diffrent for diffrent players. They are : EntitySpawn, EntityMetadata, and EntityDestroyPackets. All of them i want for my minigame server.
Also i want to send Title(0x45) packets too.

So how can i send custom packets from LUA ?
Thanks given by:
This is currently not possible, and we didn't plan on supporting that.

The Title packets are almost ready, they are being finalized in this PR: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/pull/1848
Thanks given by:
Thanks for answer. One more question: can i take you server as core, and rewrite it for my needs ? Beacos implementing all that stuff could take a long time , and i need even more features.

So can i use MCServer as base and rewrite it ?
Thanks given by:
Yes, MCServer is open source.

As long as you have a notification that your project is based on MCServer you can "fork" it and modify it to your needs.
Thanks given by:
We might want to allow custom packets if we want to support mods later on. This could be done by exporting the cPacketizer class, with a cClientHandle function to send it.
Thanks given by:
How many minecraft mods don't use the plugin channels?

Also we would need to rewrite the protocol classes significantly, because just being able to send custom packets is not very useful without being able to receive them. And people would use it to send the official packets, rather than going through the API's that handle those things, preventing cross protocol support.

How about we expose cProtocol, and add a way to register protocols with extension's, though I'm not sure how protocol recognizer can tell a forge connection from a offical one.
Thanks given by:
There was only one mod that wasnt using plugin channels that i know - that is WAILLA. And that is it! So you are alredy supporing mods by supporting plugin channelsTongue
Thanks given by:
Then we just need to expose cProtocol, and plugins can send additional packets.
Thanks given by:
Would that made posible to make an MCPE plugin for MCServer?
Thanks given by:
No, because you wouldn't be able to create a cProtocol descendent. Also MCPE connects with UDP, so we would need to modify the server to listen for it.
Thanks given by: