Using own world
Hi There,

I'm working on moving/migrating from minecraft server 1.8.4 running on windows to my new Raspberry Pi 2 - I have MCServer up and running, and has copied all files from /world/region on the windows machine to the Raspberry machine - But my daugther says "it's just a default minecraft server" and not our own map.

Any one who can point me in the right direction?
Thanks given by:
Most likely the spawn has been reset, as MCServer has a different way of storing the spawn. Note down the location from the regular server and TP there, and your things should still be where you left them.
Thanks given by:
OK - I'm unfortunately not a Minecraft player - just a dad helping regarding the server setup Smile

How do I see the spawn area in the regular server?
Thanks given by:
Just by logging in the regular server, pressing F3 and it should show up in the debug screen.

We also answered the question in the FAQ. You probably already did most of the steps, except the last few. ^^
Thanks given by:
I think there have been some posts about this earlier but can we make MCServer detect foreign world formats itself and let it convert them?
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2015, 05:03 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Just by logging in the regular server, pressing F3 and it should show up in the debug screen.

We also answered the question in the FAQ. You probably already did most of the steps, except the last few. ^^

Thanks - I've launched the old server on the win7 machine and logged in - F3 gives me this:

[Image: F3_Screenshot.png]

Then I have put the coordinates in to the file /world/world.ini:

Code:
[SpawnPosition]
MaxViewDistance=12
X=116663.057
Y=59.83651
Z=25421.469
PregenerateDistance=20

But it's not working - should I delete the files generated by MCServer and ONLY have the files from the old server?
Thanks given by:
The game saves your last position in MCServer on a per player basis. After you have changed the spawn location in world.ini, you may want to edit the *.json files in the "player" directory and subdirectories, scroll to the bottom in each json file in a text editor, and see where the server recorded your last position. Alternatively you can completely remove the files and subdirs in "players", but it means everyone who had already been playing using MCServer will lose their inventory.

Alternatively, if you are the admin, login to the game and type /spawn to return to the spawn point you've set in world.ini, and then use /tphere to teleport the other players to your location.

Only completely new players will appear at that spawnpoint set in world.ini. Everyone who's joined the game before that will always be spawning / respawning at the location recorded in the player file.

Please don't remove any files without keeping a backup.
Thanks given by: