Name change debate in IRC.
I think that we should all assemble in IRC to discuss the name change, and finally decide what we should actually do.

Everyone seems a bit confused ATM.

I was thinking Sunday afternoon, 4pm UTC?
Thanks given by:
Why IRC! I hate that. I'd have to download a program just to use it once, and then deïnstall it because I hate IRC.

We have discussed this over and over, can't we just stop it? Both the "Use the IRC" and the "Change the name" discussion.
Thanks given by:
You don't need to install a program for IRC, you can just use the webchat.

https://webchat.freenode.net/

And the reason for using IRC is because to solve this problem permanently we need a synchronous chat, so that things are properly organised by time and everyone is together.
Thanks given by:
Github or forum are enough
Thanks given by:
You don't have to install anything, there's a plugin for that! Wink
Thanks given by:
Okay, I don't have to install anything (except a plugin apparently Wink), I didn't know that. But still, the forum, and Github have always been enough. The reason why we're still discussing the name change isn't because we've never used synchronous chat to discuss it, but because there aren't enough followers who want the name change.

We've been discussing this for almost a year now, can't we just drop it!?
Thanks given by:
The problem isn't that not enough people want it, it's that people get confused and don't remember that 8/10 people wanted the change, and block any progress from happening.
Thanks given by:
I will say again we should do a poll here or github, but maybe only allow voting people who has contributed to MCServer or its plugins.
Restricted democracy.

Just noticed one thing, searching cuberite in Google results in google thinking youre wrong and searching cubeLite
Thanks given by:
OK. Why not we have a discussion on the IRC about what we plan to do, and then a yes/no poll about whether we go forward with it?
Thanks given by:
create the IRC then

Why dont use Gitter, with our github accounts?

https://gitter.im/mc-server
Thanks given by: