SSE chunk genneration doesn't seem to work on my windows install
MCServer locks up when it tries to generate a chunk. The pre SSE versions of MCServer work fine, The later versions of MCServer with the SEE chunk generation work fine as long as it doesn't try to generate a chunk. The server also seems to work just fine on my linux server.

Any ideas what the cause might be?
Thanks given by:
Don't know, do you have visual studio? If so, attach the debugger and see what happens
Thanks given by:
I'll look more into it after I get the map converter working.
Thanks given by:
I'm getting Unhandled exception at 0x00532334 in kevinmg3_debug.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.

The file it opens to is cNoise.cpp at this line:
__m128 cNoise::SSE_IntNoise2D( int a_X1, int a_Y1, int a_X2, int a_Y2, int a_X3, int a_Y3, int a_X4, int a_Y4 ) const
Thanks given by:
Reverting the changes fixed the problem, so I'm sure that's what it is. It seems like it only works on Intel Processors, but I thought AMD also used SSE.

Someone also told me MCServer doesn't work on 32 bit linux. I'll check on one of my virtual box installs to verify.
Thanks given by:
I can get the SSE4 to work on 64 windows and linux only if I'm running an Intel processor. My current AMD chips don't want to run it. Here's an example of what I get.

Code:
[00:24:43] cWorld::cWorld(world)
[00:24:43] Seed: 1015577794
[00:24:43] Loading spawn area
[00:24:43] Created new chunk! 68 -304
[00:24:43] Created new layer 2 -10 (total layers 1)
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

Runs just fine on my Intel's though. :/

Is there a way to only enable SSE4 if the current CPU is known to support SSE4.1? My newest AMD chip is a Phenom II x4 955, and it doesn't have SSE4.1 support, only SSE4A support.
Thanks given by:
Don't know, I'll have to google :p
Thanks given by: