Issues getting others to join my server
Alright. I have server up and running, plugins are good to go, and world is set. No issues keeping the server online and having others on my LAN join it. However, I am having issues getting others that are not currently on my LAN to join. Is there another program I need to get? or just a setting I need to change?

Here is what I have done so far...

First, downloaded the latest build of MCServer. Which was done via Cuberite.org and selected Windows 64.

Adjusted my settings folders for the correct world, and necessary plugins.

Third, I have adjusted the webadmin to allow myself to log in offsite, with no server settings adjusted there.

Fourth, I opened port forwarding for the 192 address the server is on.

Fifth, I gave the IP to those I wanted to join and weren't on my LAN, and they all are getting connection refused.

Help? Please ^.^
Thanks given by:
You're giving them the external (not 192.168.whatever.whatever) right (Google "whats my ip" to find it)? Did you make sure that you port forwarded the local IP (192.....) in your router to port 25565? If you did all that then I'm not really sure. :/
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 01:11 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: You're giving them the external (not 192.168.whatever.whatever) right (Google "whats my ip" to find it)? Did you make sure that you port forwarded the local IP (192.....) in your router to port 25565? If you did all that then I'm not really sure. :/

Yep, I am giving them my actual IP address, not the 192 one. I do have port forwarding on the correct 192 address to 25565. =\ I really have no clue x.x
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 04:31 PM)Leaf4Prez Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 01:11 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: You're giving them the external (not 192.168.whatever.whatever) right (Google "whats my ip" to find it)? Did you make sure that you port forwarded the local IP (192.....) in your router to port 25565? If you did all that then I'm not really sure. :/

Yep, I am giving them my actual IP address, not the 192 one. I do have port forwarding on the correct 192 address to 25565. =\ I really have no clue x.x

I have no idea then, maybe hard-resetting your router and try a ping test such as canyouseeme.org? I've had a stubborn router blocking my connections before.
Thanks given by:
(07-13-2015, 11:18 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote:

I have no idea then, maybe hard-resetting your router and try a ping test such as canyouseeme.org? I've had a stubborn router blocking my connections before.

I figured it out. I missed a link somewhere. Apparently with my modem I have to port forward twice. Once from the router and once for the modem. *facepalm* Thanks for the help though, helped a lot ^^
Thanks given by:
(07-14-2015, 05:29 PM)Leaf4Prez Wrote:
(07-13-2015, 11:18 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote:

I figured it out. I missed a link somewhere. Apparently with my modem I have to port forward twice. Once from the router and once for the modem. *facepalm* Thanks for the help though, helped a lot ^^

Ah, I see, no problem, glad you got it to work. Smile
Thanks given by: