New brand identity for Cuberite.
EDIT: License change.
I'll release it under CC0.

16x16

32x32

128x128

256x256

@xoft It is a bit meh, I probably overdid the "single-tone" color thing and cartoon stuff a bit too much.
Thanks given by:
@bearbin I suspect that attribution in a license file accompanying the app would be more than enough. As for the WTFPL, no one really knows if it would stand up in court, so if you were going to have an open license, its probably better to go for CC0.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2015, 05:04 AM)worktycho Wrote: @bearbin I suspect that attribution in a license file accompanying the app would be more than enough. As for the WTFPL, no one really knows if it would stand up in court, so if you were going to have an open license, its probably better to go for CC0.

The logo is also used on all websites, documentation and will also be used in other places where attribution is infeasible.

I agree with your suggestion about licensing of logos - for a logo to be accepted the creator should license it CC0. WTFPL is identical to public domain, except less explicit, so it shares any problems there may be with public domain licensing.
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2015, 04:44 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: EDIT: License change.
I'll release it under CC0.

16x16

32x32

128x128

256x256

@xoft It is a bit meh, I probably overdid the "single-tone" color thing and cartoon stuff a bit too much.
I personally think this logo reminds too much of SurvivalCraft's logo.
[Image: icon.png]
https://kaalus.wordpress.com/

I agree with NiLSPACE, the current logo the forum uses looks great.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I never noticed that. I also think that the current logo would be best. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Yep, that logo is way too similar to the SurvivalCraft one. Does anybody else have suggestions for logos?
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2015, 10:04 PM)bearbin Wrote: Yep, that logo is way too similar to the SurvivalCraft one. Does anybody else have suggestions for logos?

I just made another one. Of course it can be changed, improved, etc. Though I like the colors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I like the idea behind that logo. With improvement, it could be good.
Thanks given by:
Can you be more specific? What do you have in mind? Smile
Thanks given by:
I love the idea too, but are you sure it isn't used elsewhere ? I'm not a fan of the flashy yellow background.
Thanks given by: