Submitting bugs
Hello,
I came across this project recently and thought it was probably the best idea anyone has come up with for Minecraft. Tons of projects aim to recreate the game or whatnot, but the server part is where you really need the performance and optimization of C++. So I wanted to contribute. I have about 8 years of C# experience but have yet to take a deep dive into C++, so instead of mucking about in the code I've created a series of 'unit tests' for redstone, and have about 40 of them so far.

My question is, what do I do with the issues I have found? Some projects like issues to be as small and simple as possible, others like to roll up common issues into one. Include screen shots?

I will also try to provide a world download of my testing once I feel satisfied I've covered every test I can think of.

Great job so far, I'm very excited to see this project develop.
Thanks given by:
Generally, you would submit bugs at the MCServer GitHub issue tracker:

https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/issues

It's nice to have people contribute and help this project grow. Smile
Thanks given by:
Right, I just wanted to know if I submitted 10+ issues, is that appropriate? or should I try to consolidate some?
Thanks given by:
If they are all on the same topic and somewhat related, for example, strange redstone behavior, you should probably consolidate some of them.
Thanks given by:
don't consolidate issues if at all possible - it's much easier to work with if they're all seperate.

But if they're really connected, using DiamondToaster's example of redstone update bugs then you could consolidate them if you want to.
Thanks given by: