World saving issues
Before I spam the bugtracker with this, I need to know what you think.

Recent problems I have encountered.

Got a small melon field on a farm. Dirt suddenly stopped propely getting tilled when I applied a hoe to it. (Edit: PS: That's a problem still after I started over fresh, by the way. After fixing this chunk problem, I just encountered a dozen more of these blocks, and the only way to fix them there is to put another dirt block ontop, dig them both up with a shovel, and ... collect melon slices, I kid you not).
The server segfaulted when I would attempt to harvest the melons.

It is believed that this is a chunk error. Now how do these chunk errors come to be? Could it be that the "growing melons" mechanism doesn't do everything by the book?

The only way I know to fix chunk errors, is to copy the world over to the actual Minecraft "saves" folder and run through it in singleplayer mode. I completely removed the melons and all the dirt in singleplayer, and I'll now be able to start over at that spot.

Any and all hoes disappear from all chests that I've interacted with.

BUT. There are more issues with world saving.

Some items will disappear from chests when you give the world back from Minecraft singleplayer to MCServer. Item frames are completely gone. I think MCServer saves item frames all wrong, because not only do they vanish from chests.

All item frames and their contents have jumped off the walls when I walked through spawn village in Singleplayer mode. Hundreds of item frames, outside the buildings. I know they appear to be just fine just within MCServer, but once the client handles them all on it's own, it does not accept these.

All bushes that normally grow two blocks high, are also unearthed. My rose bushes and peonys were gone .. had to pick them up, again. Replanting them is useless if they sproing right back out of the ground once you give the world a go in Singleplayer. Smile

All of what's written in signs now has been put in quotes. All lines left blank on these just spell "null" now.

Months old fields that I am reworking have green grass buried two dirt blocks deep. Normally these should just turn to plain dirt blocks after a while. They still have grass.

Any and all hoes that I have put in boxes during this exercise have disappeared/not been saved correctly into the chests I put them in. Tried this twice, too.
Thanks given by:
Do you still have a copy of the world where the dirt cannot be tilled / melons cause a segfault? That would be quite useful to have.
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2015, 08:04 PM)xoft Wrote: Do you still have a copy of the world where the dirt cannot be tilled / melons cause a segfault? That would be quite useful to have.

Yes, made a backup of the whole thing. I'll put a zip of the world in a dropbox link in a few minutes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i654qncz5kvwyn...ld.7z?dl=0

Here you go. Try this both in MCServer and singleplayer Minecraft to see the effects.
The melons are at:

x62 y 65 z255
Thanks given by: