Can I disable Netherportals?
Can I completely turn off the nether entirely? I'm called for help every day.

"I spawned in rock!"
"I lost my stuff again."
"I don't know where I am."
"On the sign it says you spawn at A but I spawned at L!"

etc etc etc. It's just gotten out of hand. In it's current state I think these portals make more trouble than they ever have.
Thanks given by:
You can remove the world from the LinkedWorld section in the world.ini. if you set the variables to an empty space the portals shouldn't work again.
Thanks given by:
Thank you Smile.

So far, I seem to be either the only one having these problems or they are of lesser concern. What can I do besides reporting them?
Thanks given by:
We know that lkolbly made the portals teleport you with an offset as a feature, but he said he'd remove it, because there can be problems with it. I believe he already fixed that here.

If you know a little about debugging you could set a breakpoint at the piece of code that calculates the new coordinates for a player. You could possibly figure out what the problem is then. Or perhaps we're doing things wrong. Do you always have the problem? What MC version do you have when the problem occurs? Is it only when you go from dimension X to dimension Y?
Thanks given by:
Sadly, I have little to no experience with programming. Sad Sorry about that.

Whatever lkolbly did, nothing personal. It made it worse. Before the change you could at least rely on spawning at the same spot you'd spawn before that. With this current implementation, every Portal I make will soon stand in a crater, because I keep spawning under the earth. It's really... reaaaally bad. Also, the portal on the other world already sees me standing inside of it, and because the worlds don't load fast enough, I trigger an infinite loop of gates shoving me back and forth, until the mechanism breaks and the portals cease to function entirely, or I jump and press forward so that I step outside of the portal I can't even see yet.

Like I said. It is bad. I don't mean to say that this wasn't work, or that it wasn't appreciated, but I would ask .. please, undo these changes. Please.

Everybody is invited to try ... my server is at jammet.duckdns.org ... most of you are on the whitelist already.

[13:08:30] MCServer Jenkins gcc armhf Release (master) build id: #65
[13:08:30] from commit id: 106e06617afea6e07e99c7674b2d10ece96b1344 built at: Sat 4 Jul 15:43:44 CEST 2015

It happens in any direction of travel; from or to the nether. Many times it just looks like you're trying to leave a place, only to enter the same place, but only a fraction of it loaded, because the other portal sent you back before you even saw where you originally wanted to go. But really, all server versions after the portal scanner update had this problem.
Thanks given by:
PS: Nil, I just added you after your failed join.
Thanks given by:
I'm not on the whitelist. My username is NiLSPACE. Also, what OS are you using?
Thanks given by:
I went online, and had the same problems. Weird, because I don't have the same problems when I try it on a local server. I'd like to debug it, but I don't have the proper tools with me to do that since I'm on my holiday. Jammet's portal sometimes teleports me to the proper portal at first, but then teleports me a 1000 blocks away to a different portal. Perhaps the portal scanner thinks that portal is the closest.

Jammet also told me he sometimes gets in a loop. He steps in a portal, and then gets out at the same portal or the portal 1000 blocks away. Perhaps something is wrong with the cooldown there.
EDIT:
Also, Jammet uses a RasPi 2.
Thanks given by:
Raspbian Linux on arm7 (RasPi 2)
Thanks given by:
I tried the same build, but on Windows, since I don't have linux available anywhere, but I don't have any problems with it. Could someone with Linux test it? Perhaps even a RasPi 2 if possible.
Thanks given by: