A Noob question about Multiple worlds/Multiverse
Hi, I have been using Cuberite for about a week now and I am starting to get to grips with it. Much better than the Vanilla. My server machine is an Intel Core Duo 2.13 GHZ, 4GB Ram, a 250GB HDD and it runs Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS.

I have built a basic Creative world for the local kids to play on and now I am wanting to take it a bit further. I see on 'professional' servers that you can have multiple worlds. Or is the expression a multiverse?

I understand that if I were to run multiple instances of Cuberite on different ports the players could log on to them separately. But I have seen servers that seem to have a lobby with portals to different worlds, i.e Mini-Games, Hunger Games, Survival, Creative, PVP and so on. So is this possible with Cuberite? If so, how? I have tried much searching and I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.
Thanks given by:
Yes, its possible.
Cuberite has an inbuilt multiworld system. You just need to add the worlds to settings.ini and use /portal <worldname> to move there (and /spawn to get to new word spawn).
Then you can use some plugin like Essentials and add warps/portals to all worlds.
The only problem I can see are the inventories, there are no per world inventories.
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2015, 07:47 PM)tonibm19 Wrote: Yes, its possible.
Cuberite has an inbuilt multiworld system. You just need to add the worlds to settings.ini and use /portal <worldname> to move there (and /spawn to get to new word spawn).
Then you can use some plugin like Essentials and add warps/portals to all worlds.
The only problem I can see are the inventories, there are no per world inventories.

Thanks. I will take a look at that.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I understand that if I were to run multiple instances of Cuberite on different ports the players could log on to them separately. But I have seen servers that seem to have a lobby with portals to different worlds, i.e Mini-Games, Hunger Games, Survival, Creative, PVP and so on. So is this possible with Cuberite? If so, how? I have tried much searching and I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.
What you're looking for is BungeeCord. Cuberite does support that, but there is no plugin yet to communicate with it. Because of that you can't transport from server to server. The techniques to make it work is already there, but nobody wrote the plugin yet.
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2015, 08:29 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: What you're looking for is BungeeCord. Cuberite does support that, but there is no plugin yet to communicate with it. Because of that you can't transport from server to server. The techniques to make it work is already there, but nobody wrote the plugin yet.

So, just to be sure, Bungeecord will allow me to to run different worlds on the same server concurrently without having to run multiple instances of Cuberite? But it won't allow me to teleport between those world?
Thanks given by:
No, the opposite. BungeeCord allows you to connect multiple servers as a single server.
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2015, 05:08 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: No, the opposite. BungeeCord allows you to connect multiple servers as a single server.

Ok, thanks. I think I now have it.

I'll be back if I haven't.:D
Thanks given by:
Someone wrote a plugin: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...BungeeCord
Thanks given by: