Cuberite Forum redesign
Forum design changed
Thanks given by:
I am just curious was I suppose to get a "hey welcome to the forum" email when I joined? I did not see it in the spam folder with gmail. I am successfully logged in with out it.

Is there a cut-over date?
And is there any sweeping that the new guy can do to help ?

Chrobi
Thanks given by:
You were supposed to get an email. But I activated everyone by hand. The email is properly sent but most spam filters just block it.

I adjusted the theme again. I removed all image references in the style sheets. The forum should load much faster now
Thanks given by:
seems like spam filters are blocking the forum emails or in general all emails ending with @cuberite.org
Thanks given by:
Xoft, could you set this in the TXT section of cuberite.org?
cuberite.org. IN TXT "v=spf1 mx a a:forum.cuberite.org include:forum.cuberite.org -all"
Thanks given by:
There's already this in the TXT record (for the newsletter): "v=spf1 include:sites.nearlyfreespeech.net ~all" How do I combine it?
Thanks given by:
I don't like the idea of having a brand new forum. We should first investigate the possibility of moving the data, possibly by incrementally upgrading the MyBB versions. Also we should aim to have SSL support on the new forum server.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 04:39 PM)xoft Wrote: I don't like the idea of having a brand new forum. We should first investigate the possibility of moving the data, possibly by incrementally upgrading the MyBB versions. Also we should aim to have SSL support on the new forum server.
I agree. We should put some effort into getting the data moved. I don't like the idea of having plugins and other useful information located on an old forum, and then putting tons of links to it.

If nobody wants to do it, I could play around with a database backup of the current forum, if that's ok for others. Creating a database backup should be possible in the admin panel, if I'm not mistaken?
Thanks given by:
"v=spf1 include:sites.nearlyfreespeech.net include:mc.devilbyte.de ~all"
That should do it
Thanks given by:
@sphinxc0re done

@Mathias I'll have a look at how passwords are stored in the DB, if it looks safe enough to me, I'll give you the backup.
Thanks given by: