Customizing Format of Server Description?
I wanted to customize and format my server description (the message that shows up on the player's server list), and I found how to do that through WebAdmin, and also through the settings.ini, but color codes and format codes don't seem to work at all. Is there any support for format codes on the server description? I'm new to Cuberite, so forgive me if I'm missing something.
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Formatting should be supported, it might be something locale-related. Try opening the settings.ini file, the server description is there. You need a text editor capable of handling UTF-8 in order to edit the file properly, including the formatting.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2015, 07:41 AM)xoft Wrote: Hello, welcome to the forum.

Formatting should be supported, it might be something locale-related. Try opening the settings.ini file, the server description is there. You need a text editor capable of handling UTF-8 in order to edit the file properly, including the formatting.

I'm using the formatting codes from the Minecraft wiki ( http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Formatting_codes ). I've tried §6 and \u00A76 both to make the text gold, but it's not working. I'm using Notepad included with Windows to edit the files, is that the problem?
Thanks given by:
Using §6 seems to work for me. I'm attaching a portion of my settings.ini file that works, try to open it in your editor and see if it displays the same thing; or even copy&paste the relevant section to your settings.ini.

Attached Files
.ini   settings-partial.ini (Size: 45 bytes / Downloads: 206)
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2015, 08:26 AM)xoft Wrote: Using §6 seems to work for me. I'm attaching a portion of my settings.ini file that works, try to open it in your editor and see if it displays the same thing; or even copy&paste the relevant section to your settings.ini.

I copied and pasted what you sent into my settings.ini. I have attached an image of what the description looks like on the server list on my Minecraft client.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: