New forum / plugin depot ?
Hey !
I have been for a long time "outside" the community, and stare-ing at it sometime, but now I want to help xD !
The problem : 'im not a programmer, just a community manager/sysadmin, and didn't have any skill in c++ and english language (yup, i'm not english, and you should have see this in my sentence ><)
So, if someone in the staff is interesed by hosting, armv7 compilation for cuberite, new shiny forum or something else .o.
Thanks given by:
Well, as you saw earlier we are talking about changing the forum a little, but that's mostly moving to a different domain, and using a different theme. We don't have anything else in mind at the moment.

I thought we already did armv7 compilation, but apparently not.
Thanks given by:
ARMv7 is completely broken for me, I usually end up changing compiler flags in CMake files whenever I want to recompile. Sad Something to do with broken CMakeLists for PolarSSL and -fomit-frame-pointer...
Thanks given by:
If you could post flags that definitely work, we could probably fix the cmakelist to auto detect the correct flags.
Thanks given by:
(09-15-2015, 02:28 PM)DiamondToaster Wrote: ARMv7 is completely broken for me, I usually end up changing compiler flags in CMake files whenever I want to recompile. Sad Something to do with broken CMakeLists for PolarSSL and -fomit-frame-pointer...

How much preformance gain would we get from a ARMv7 Build? im using the raspberry pi 2 as a plugin devlopment server. Running a recent build of raspbian that was used on my older model B pi.
Thanks given by:
(09-16-2015, 06:17 AM)Aberts10 Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 02:28 PM)DiamondToaster Wrote: ARMv7 is completely broken for me, I usually end up changing compiler flags in CMake files whenever I want to recompile. Sad Something to do with broken CMakeLists for PolarSSL and -fomit-frame-pointer...

How much preformance gain would we get from a ARMv7 Build? im using the raspberry pi 2 as a plugin devlopment server. Running a recent build of raspbian that was used on my older model B pi.

Well, I'm not too sure since every time I used a pre-built binary on my Odroid XU3, it would segfault. Compiling it yourself has a possibility of increasing performance by a scale of x1.5-3 according to the GitHub readme. Compiling ARMv7 may provide some noticable performance benefits since the RPi2 can utilize the newer features of v7 and correct me if I'm wrong, but possibly NEON.

(09-16-2015, 01:35 AM)worktycho Wrote: If you could post flags that definitely work, we could probably fix the cmakelist to auto detect the correct flags.

I would just comment out every flag set line in the CMakeList for PolarSSL and force a set -O2. For some reason even when I'm building the release binary, it does not want to apply optimizations such as -O2. As far as I know, -O optimizations automatically apply -fomit-frame-pointer
Thanks given by: