Maybe create FAQ?
Lightbulb 
Maybe create FAQ section, where post ready code for some task. It is save many time for new coders.

Example.

Post name: "Teleport player"
Code for teleport.

Post name: "Work with inventory"
Sub post: "Get main inventory list"
Sub post: "Get hot inventory list"
etc.
Thanks given by:
Teleporting a player is so simply that it doesn't deserve it's own post, but I can understand why people find inventory management to be difficult (even though the api should speak for itself).
Thanks given by:
Not so simple as you think. For beginner.
When you create FAQ, it is create for those who start coding and don't know all aspects of server internal work.

See what people are asking in the subject of LUA. I looked through the whole topic, and I think a lot of questions because of a lack FAQ.
Thanks given by:
To be honest, if you'd attempt to create a plugin I expect the programmer to look at least a little in the API documentation. And if I were to search for a way to teleport a player I'd expect a function in either the player object or entity object. Then I'd just use ctrl + f to search for "Teleport" in either one of the documentation of those object.
Thanks given by:
Teleportation - this is an example. The topic can be anything.
Thanks given by:
I think a better place for example code would be directly in the API docs. It would be attached to the relevant parts of the API, and since the docs are publicly available, they are indexed by search engines and so they come up in web search results, for which they are the most relevant.
Thanks given by:
(09-24-2015, 08:28 PM)xoft Wrote: I think a better place for example code would be directly in the API docs. It would be attached to the relevant parts of the API, and since the docs are publicly available, they are indexed by search engines and so they come up in web search results, for which they are the most relevant.

I think we should try Smile
Thanks given by: