German Translator
Information 
Hey Guys!
I'm German and I am able to translate Plugins if you like, in German.
If you are interested, write a Reply!

Sorry for my bad English, cause I'm German.

Greetings,

Fischmaster
Thanks given by:
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if we're ready for translations. There was a project, TransAPI, for providing a layer of string translation, but it didn't really work that well and currently there's no real unified support for translating strings across plugins.

That said, if you have any experience translating plugins for other servers, perhaps you could help us by first drafting how the translations should work, overall. How do the other servers implement translations? How easy is it to use the system? Does it support everything that is needed, from a translator's point of view?

Let me put in perspective just how difficult this actually can be to get right:
- Simple strings can be translated verbatim. The basic expectation is that the developer doesn't use the same string at two different places (where it fits in one language, but doesn't fit in another)
- Strings with substitutions: "File %s has been deleted". The dev must use format strings instead of lazily concatenating ("File " .. a_FileName .. " has been deleted.")
- String with multiple substitutions: "File %s has been renamed to %s". Some languages may need to change the order of the substitutions. Solution (in Lua): use named variables: "File %srcname has been renamed to %dstname"
- Plural vs singular: Some languages actually have a third form, "dual", that is used for some specific (and non-trivial) counts. For example my mother tongue, Czech, has a different form for singular ("soubor"), dual ("soubory") and plural ("souborů"), and the singular is used whenever the count is (N * 10 + 1) where N doesn't end in a one (that is, counts of 1, 21, 31, 41, ..., 101, 121, ...), the dual is used whenever the count is (N * 10 + 2), (N * 10 + 3) or (N * 10 + 4), again with N doesn't end in a one (that is, counts of 2, 3, 4, 22, 23, 24, 32, 33, 34, ..., 102, 103, 104, 122, 123, 124, ..., 1002, 1003, 1004, ..., 1022, ...) A pretty smart solution to this is present in ZeroBraneStudio's internationalization support, see https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneS...-145245980
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks. i will think about it
Thanks given by: