Plugin repository
As a new Cuberite user I was looking for plugins and found both a forum board and a Plugin repository with plugins. Seeing the plugin repository was the newest, I expected to find all the (not outdated) plugins there. However, it's completely empty.

Are any plugin developers still planning on uploading their plugins there? I was looking through the plugin documentation and found that everything in Info.lua is supposed to be used as documentation and a basis for the plugin repo's. Is this idea discontinued, or did just no one bother upload their plugins to there yet?
Thanks given by:
the main problem is, there is almost no development on plugins. most of the plugins are written by the @cuberite/core-team which work on the main server. actually I want to bring life to this, write basic plugins, use the repository, but you have to give me the time. maybe you want to look into my guide how to use plugins the right way. if you are a Windows user, sorry.
Thanks given by:
I've taken down my WorldEdit plugin in the plugin repository a few days ago. It showed my email address as username, and I wasn't too comfortable with that. Not in such a repository.

Most developers are a little too busy to continue working on plugins or the plugin repository. We're still planning to use the Info.lua file in the plugin repo though. In fact, you can already export the info for markdown or bbcode. It's just not integrated in the plugin repo yet.
Thanks given by:
NiLSPACE maybe post all plugins as-is and add a notice that if there Is work on a plugin, the (new) author should send an email to support@cuberite.org and add the new version as new plugin
Thanks given by:
If people want to work on a plugin they can just send a Pull Request on Github. Everything is open source.
Thanks given by:
no. I mean add all plugins to the plugin repository (the one hosted at Microsoft's azure) as-is and if someone want to maintain it, they may
Thanks given by:
You mean someone else could update the plugins in the repo for them?

I'm trying to write a plugin myself, but am completely new to Lua. If it does ever get finished, I'll make sure I upload it to the Plugin repo.
Thanks given by:
Nilspace, i'm quite sure people can see your email by downloading the git repo and looking through commits already.Tongue
(Unless, of course, you used a dummy one while setting up git)
Thanks given by:
Yes, but I don't mind on something like Github. They'd have to search for it. With the Repo it's in plain sight when you just opened the website.
Thanks given by: