Better world.ini documentation?
Is there any better documentation for the world.ini values than on the wiki? I have values like RedstoneSimulator which I don't know what it does and the water and lava simulators are set to Vanilla which I don't what does. As well as that I have Generator=Composable and BiomeGen=Grown. Composable and grown are not listed on the wiki page.

PS: I am referring to this page.

Thanks,
Benfll
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the forum Smile

You might want to take a look at this:
https://book.cuberite.org/#3
Thanks given by:
(12-20-2015, 02:23 AM)SphinxC0re Wrote: Hello and welcome to the forum Smile

You might want to take a look at this:
https://book.cuberite.org/#3

That is less detailed than the wiki page.
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid the world.ini file is probably the least documented thing in the server.
Thanks given by:
Can anyone tell me what the values I mentioned do then? Smile

Thanks,
Benfll
Thanks given by:
We currently have one world generator. It's the "Composable" generator. In this generator you can define specific modules like the biome generator, composition generator, shape generator, structures and more.

BiomeGen is the module that specifies how the biomes are generated. Grown is the most 1.7-like biome generator we have.

CompGen is the module that specifies what blocks the terrain should be made out of. For example grass with 3 blocks of dirt and after that only stone, or sand in deserts etc.

xoft can probably describe this in allot more detail since he created it all, but this should probably suffice. Of course if you have more questions please ask them Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-20-2015, 04:12 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: We currently have one world generator. It's the "Composable" generator. In this generator you can define specific modules like the biome generator, composition generator, shape generator, structures and more.

BiomeGen is the module that specifies how the biomes are generated. It's the most 1.7-like biome generator we have.

CompGen is the module that specifies what blocks the terrain should be made out of. For example grass with 3 blocks of dirt and after that only stone, or sand in deserts etc.

xoft can probably describe this in allot more detail since he created it all, but this should probably suffice. Of course if you have more questions please ask them Smile

1. Is ShapeGen what is listed as HeightGen on the wiki page?
2. What are the options for BiomeGen and what do they do?
3. What are the options for RedstoneSimulator and what do they do?
4. If I'm looking for world generation closest to the default server then will the default settings do?

Thanks, Benfll
Thanks given by:
A shape generator defines the shape of the terrain. Pretty much it's just "that is air and this is a block". Later a composition generator fills the places with blocks in with whatever he think should be placed there. I guess nowadays the height generator pretty much is a shape generator if you first set the shape generator to "Heightmap". A heightgenerator previously told the generator what the highest block was if I'm not mistaken.

You can find the options for the biome generator here. I know it's not pretty to redirect you to the source, but sadly that's pretty much the best we have. Here are some examples from the options: Voronoi, distorted voronoi, grown. Constant should speak for itself, it generates a single biome, checkerboard generates biomes in a checker board format. MultiStepMap is pre-1.7 biomes. Twolevel is pretty much 1.7 biomes but without rivers. Grown and GrownProt are 1.7 biomes, but GrownProt a little bit slower, but is simpler to understand as a programmer.

We have two redstone simulators. Incremental, which is the default and best simulator we have, and noop which does.. well.. nothingTongue

On a normal world the default settings would do nicely. As far as I know it's the best settings you can have Smile
Thanks given by:
I think we should take advantage of this opportunity and polish the Book a bit. Can you guys describe world.ini in a detailed way? (Xoft?), I'll happily compile that knowledge into some guide and add it to the book.
Thanks given by:
Why not make something similar to the APIDump plugin. Where a plugin compiles all the information in multiple HTML documents.
Thanks given by: