More scripting languages?
Will there be more than one scripting language? Not really a fan of LUA, will we be available to use c++ to code plugins?
Thanks given by:
Try a search for previous discussion. The short answer is no, unless you are willing to dedicate time to develop it and then maintain it for the foreseeable future.
Thanks given by:
You could simply edit the source code as an alternative to C++ plugins. But that would be much harder than learning and using Lua.
Thanks given by:
Also, building dynamically loadable c++ systems for a multiplatform system with binary distribution is basically infeasible. The ABI is to unstable. The only way to do it reliability would be to use C as a binding layer. So unless you want to build a system that translates tolua++ binding instructions to C interop stubs, and build a copy of the manual bindings we are not likely to get c++ plugins. If its performance you want the best strategy is to get the hot loops integrated into the server core, and help with luajit integration.
Thanks given by:
LuaJIT would be a huge improvement when it comes to performance. The server would then need a lot more RAM for plugins but I think it would be ok
Thanks given by:
(12-24-2015, 09:19 AM)SphinxC0re Wrote: LuaJIT would be a huge improvement when it comes to performance. The server would then need a lot more RAM for plugins but I think it would be ok

We aren't suffering performance issues due to Lua's speed. And I remember Xoft's challenge.
Thanks given by:
We already tried LuaJIT thanks to DiamondToaster, but the performance improvements weren't what we (or at least I) was hoping for: https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.ph...4#pid19494
Thanks given by: