Blaze not spawning in nether / nether fortresses
Hello,

I have an issue with blazes in the nether. I discovered several blaze spawners in nether fortresses but none of them works. I haven't discovered any blaze either anywhere so far. Ghasts for instance appear.

Any idea?

Running version 1.8.9 and updated Cuberite on Jan 11, 2016.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Block entities haven't been implemented for structures that use prefabs like villages and nether strongholds. Dungeons and abandoned mine shafts don't use prefabs, so we do already support it there.
Thanks given by:
As a workaround a plugin could replace the pig spawner with blaze spawner with the HOOK_CHUNK_GENERATED.
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2016, 10:45 PM)Seadragon91 Wrote: As a workaround a plugin could replace the pig spawner with blaze spawner with the HOOK_CHUNK_GENERATED.

Thanks for the quick replies!

1) So in general blazes do exist in Cuberite?
2) @Seadragon91: can you please elaborate in a bit more detail:
- which plugin to install?
- how to configure it?
Thanks given by:
They exist, but you'll have to spawn them manually with a command or using the spawn eggs.

The plugin doesn't exist yet, but shouldn't be too hard to create.
Thanks given by:
Ah yes spawn egs, you can also right-click with a blaze spawn egg on the mob spawner and the pig will be changed to a blaze.
Thanks @NiLSPACE
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2016, 11:44 PM)Seadragon91 Wrote: Ah yes spawn egs, you can also right-click with a blaze spawn egg on the mob spawner and the pig will be changed to a blaze.
Thanks @NiLSPACE

Hey. Thanks, I can indeed manually spawn blazes now with blaze eggs.

I also managed to transform the pig spawner to a blaze spawner.
Still, I have the impression they are not spawned -> any idea?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The reason why blaze do not spawn is because it's apparently not implemented yet for them. There is a method in Cuberite that checks if a mob can spawn somewhere, but the blaze isn't listed there, and thus can't spawn anywhere: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/blo...r.cpp#L130
Thanks given by:
(01-17-2016, 02:05 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: The reason why blaze do not spawn is because it's apparently not implemented yet for them. There is a method in Cuberite that checks if a mob can spawn somewhere, but the blaze isn't listed there, and thus can't spawn anywhere: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/blo...r.cpp#L130

Ok, thanks for clearing that out!
Thanks given by:
I haven't seen Cuberite generate dungeons at all yet, in the normal world, looking forward to seeing them sometime in the future.
Thanks given by: