Any way to dynamically create copies of worlds at runtime?
I've been trying to dynamically create copies of worlds at runtime kind of like Mineplex or pretty much any large server.

I know I could create a copy of the files and then rename the world name (folder). I would prefer to do it without copying data.

Even if I did either way I still have no idea how to add a new world at runtime.

PS: Is this the software that a lot of the big servers use? If not then which software?
Thanks given by:
As of now, adding new worlds at runtime is impossible.

I don't know much about world copying.

Regarding your P.S: Most large servers use Bukkit. Cuberite is much faster than Bukkit, but it is not feature-complete.
Thanks given by:
What does the "add world" button in the webadmin do?
Thanks given by:
It adds a world to the settings.ini file. Only after a restart the world will actually be loaded.
Thanks given by:
Regarding "much faster", are there any benchmarks that cuberite is really faster? Smile
I can say that the redstone simulator in vanilla is faster.
Thanks given by:
Well that's a shame since I like this software so much. I can only hope this gets added in the future. I really think this is an important feature for the larger servers.

I'll keep using this since it's so easy to use and I'm just using this for fun.
Thanks given by:
Could you tell us your use case for on-the-fly world generation? I am just curious.
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2016, 05:17 AM)LogicParrot Wrote: Could you tell us your use case for on-the-fly world generation? I am just curious.

For my small purposes I can just work around it. If I were planning on making a large sever with this, I would want to be able to make copies of minigames(like Mineplex) or copies of MMORPG worlds (like Wynncraft) on the fly.

I was planning on having a server structure with a few minigames to play that can create more copies of games as needed if their lobbies got full. It would just make things easier and more efficient.
Thanks given by:
-.-

Lobbies are full when you decide that the real hardware can't handle more. Then start another server (or have it running) on another hardware and connect them through bungee. PLEASE!
Thanks given by:
Well most minigames only run with 20 people or so depending on the game.
The lobby where people pick the minigame if it was full he wants it to auto add another one so people can join that.
Aka copy the original minigame to SkyWars-1 SkyWars-2 etc depending on the game etc.
Thanks given by: