Some refactoring needed?
Awesome thanksBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I tired to compile it with Lion but xcode was messing arround with meBig Grin
(Server is full, Can not create Event (or entity, don´t know exactlyBig Grin)) And so I dropped the idea for the first, because I didn´t felt like debugging osx applicationsBig Grin

Maybe another day I will try again Wink
Thanks given by:
i saw a server is full kick when i didn't rename the .example.ini files so the maxplayers just said ??? and couldn't go in. I set that because someone asked about that and all sorts of setting files like that should always be in the releases as something like .example. and simply do checks whether or not the base files exist and maybe rename if not? It's just not a good idea to constantly have the default unzipping action overwrite users' settings. I took a more "mainstream" approach with the packages I made although there should be a README or just some file checking.
Thanks given by:
People still use macs? :X

Seems to be working fine on my linux install.
Thanks given by:
No, I don´t use a macBig Grin
But I´ve got an Lion install just for the funBig Grin (And for things like thisBig Grin)

But also with settings.ini (I forgot itBig Grin) it´s not working rightConfused

The server generates many chunks and the player is always in the darkBig Grin (Don´t see a map)

Edit: But this shouldn´t be in this threadBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Type /top you might have fallen through the terrain
Thanks given by:
Had tried it. Stayed in the darkBig Grin

But it seems very corrupt, because it also complains about the above mentioned error with the EventsBig Grin

Edit: I think I found out whats the Problem. (The ChmodBig Grin)
I think this prevents the chunk from beeing generated and so I fall through the map and the server tries to generate continuosly.
Will test it laterBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I got another idea Smile
I think it´s the best to use this thread, because it´s the right topic.

Always when I want to do something with Placing Blocks, Right Clicking action, I start getting a headache, because it´s so messed up.
Everything is inside the cClientHandle Class / Inside the specific Handle function.
My idea would be to "outsource" everything a bit.
We could create some RightClickHandlers / LeftClickHandlers, we call in the right order.
So we don´t have everything in one function. (Placing Doors next to the food code, then the bucket code, the slab code and so on)
Wouldn´t it be cool to split it into multiple classes/functions. This would make everything much clearer, because you don´t have to scroll over hundred lines of code.
If we would keep the Handlers hardcoded in the clienthandle we wouldn´t have a big performance loss. (One function call more)

I would implement this, but I would like to hear your opinion first.

Simon Smile
Thanks given by:
I think Cedeel is already working on one thing about this - he's collecting all the block placement code into a (namespace) class, taking it out of the cClientHandle. You might want to coordinate with him so that you don't accidentally collide in the sources. Search the forum for cBlockPlacement, that should point you to the right thread where it was discussed.
Thanks given by:
I just implemented a (in my opinion really cool) new block handling system.
This should help pretty much to put all the actions for one block in the same place so we don´t have to search around cchunk, cworld etc. to find the action for a class.
It´s also much easier to configure a block now.

https://code.google.com/p/mc-server/source/detail?r=671

I would really like to hear your opinion Smile
Thanks given by: