How do you use the Map Convertor program on GNU/Linux?
I think what you have done it programmed here is amazing but I cant understand a few things.

I'm using GNU/Linux and I'm installing the source of what you have done.

I can get the server running but it never generate an ACTUAL world, I just see black. So I dont understand whats going on there.

ALSO!

My main thing... I don't want to sound like a noob but I don't know how to use the world converter included in the package. I have done the 'make' and I type ./denotch and it just says.

Time to complete converter: 0 Seconds

And yes I have put in the region file that I want to convert into the same directory but it isnt working. May I also suggest that you possibly make and online world converter so other noobs like me dont get stuck.

Thanks in advance and hope you guys get back to me!..
Thanks given by:
What I wrote in the PMTongue

Quote:Hey Craig,

There seems to be some kind of bug in MCServer which doesn't make it crash, but just hang and do nothing, so it'll never send you the generated world and you won't be able to see it Sad

I don't know why the converter isn't working for you, I'll have to look into it.

About an online converter, that's impossible. It would consume insane amounts of bandwidth which I cannot afford.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2012, 01:35 PM)DubstepCraig Wrote: I can get the server running but it never generate an ACTUAL world, I just see black. So I dont understand whats going on there.

I had this problems, when I had wrong chmod for the MCServer files and folders and the server wasn´t able to access the world etc.

The converter problem could also have the same cause Wink
Thanks given by: