Crash Avoidance Tips
Cuberite is not completely stable yet. This is a continuously updated list of tips that minimize the chance of a crash. The thread is not intended to document all crashes; it lists only crashes that: 1. Can be encountered in common situations. 2. Can be trivially avoided. If you're looking for a full list of known crashes, see our Github repository.

Crash avoidance tips:
  • Avoid multi protocols. Cuberite supports both 1.8 and 1.9, but older clients may crash when exposed to features introduced in newer clients. Use the same protocol version for all players. This plugin enforces this by allowing only a specific protocol version to log in. #3201
  • Avoid chested minecarts. #3262
  • Avoid reloading the server. Reloading isn't perfect yet. Just stop the server, and then start it again. #483

Recently resolved:
  • ClientHandle fixes. #2835
  • Fishing rods. #3385
  • TNT issues. #3358
  • Fire charge issues. #3179
  • Avoid breaking chests when other players are using them. #2934

Feel free to report common and avoidable crashes that weren't mentioned in this thread, preferably with their Github URL.
Thanks given by:
Fishing also going down Smile
Thanks given by:
I noteted avarage 12 point of crush. But, it was in 2016.01 and now I can't find my notes Sad
Thanks given by:
These seem quite easy to cause. Not using TNT or breaking double chests? On any survival server that happens everyday.
Shouldn't these crashes get the highest priority to fix?
Thanks given by:
(09-02-2016, 07:39 PM)PureTryOut Wrote: These seem quite easy to cause. Not using TNT or breaking double chests? On any survival server that happens everyday.
Shouldn't these crashes get the highest priority to fix?

Every crush rules must fixed, I think.
Thanks given by:
Added fishing.
Resolved fire charges.
Thanks given by:
ClientHandle should now be stable. The "stand without moving for a bit before logout" tip is no longer relevant.
Fishing rods are stable now.
Thanks given by: