snap package config files
Anyone know where the config files go when installed from the snap package in ubuntu?  It seems that Ubuntu snap files get installed in /snap.  However I don't see any .ini config files in those cuberite directories.
Thanks given by:
You have to start Cuberite first. It will generate the config files.
Thanks given by:
(10-27-2016, 03:27 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: You have to start Cuberite first. It will generate the config files.

Thanks for your reply.  Do know where the files will be created when Cuberite is run as a daemon?  On my machine root is running it as soon as the computer boots with "Cuberite -d"  Even after rebooting no config files turn up in the /snap directory.    Also, the system has made the /snap directory a "read only volume".  I think as part of the whole snappy system, it's not supposed to be modifiable.  I read something about each application being "sandboxed".
Thanks given by:
Ok so using "locate cuberite" I found a cuberite directory under /var/snap also.  However there are no .ini files in there either.  If someone can tell me what directory the .ini files should be in, then I guess I can just make them by copy/pasting the examples from the manual.
Thanks given by:
I guess running cuberite once will solve the problem and put the files where they need to be.

Well, screw that, I made my experiences when trying out android.

Tl;Dr: place them wherever you want.

Lets say snap placed the cuberite executable somewhere that you can run cuberite from anywhere with just calling Cuberite. (that's called the PATH variable). It's up to you where you run that cuberite executable.

Cuberite is written that it takes your location as base path. The documentations says you should run cuberite as ./Cuberite which means starting it from the same directory as cuberite itself is in.

So just go ahead, create a new empty directory, cd in it and run the cuberite binary. There you go, you have your ini files and your world.

You now may find some features not working. An example is the webadmin, as I encountered it. This is caused because cuberite is able to generate config files based on default values, but it's not able to generate everything to start from scratch. You may be able to find them somewhere in the depth of your drive, but the easiest way is to get a copy of the Server directory on github, let's say as "cuberite" in your home directory, cd in there and run cuberite from there. It's then not ./Cuberite, but it's exactly the same as if you would normally do.

At first start, cuberite might give you some red warnings. This is due to the fact that it might not find some files, generated the crucial ones, but maybe tells you no webadmin is there. It's up to you to get these files Smile

Summarizing: get the Server directory from github or any build and run cuberite from within there. It doesn't matter where the cuberite binary is located.

Edit: cause you mentioned root running the server on startup. We'll, root is a bad idea, but I won't want to say that. The question of where to find the ini files is the same as to ask the startup script 'Where do you cd before running cuberite?'
"To the center of the pull of gravity go, and find your planet you will."
Thanks given by: