Help with connecting
Hi guys, I am relatively new to Cuberite. I have a raspberry pi and some friends wanted to play minecraft together so I said that I would set up a server. I have so far successfully installed it on my pi 3 and I can access it from a computer that is on my home's wi-fi. I gave them the ip that I got by typing in sudo hostname -I or whatever it is and they tried connecting but they couldn't. I guess the big queestin that I am asking is, how do I set it up so I can give them an IP and they can direct connect to it from their computers in their houses? I have tried and tried and have been unable to do it. Thank you
Thanks given by:
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I'm assuming you're using a normal home router for your home network. You will need to set up port-forwarding on your home router, and give them the external IP address of the router ( http://whatismyip.com ). This is the same setup for any game server, not only Cuberite, if you want to run it behind a home router. Unfortunately each router configuration is different, so we can't help much about setting up the port-forwarding (search for instructions specific to your router type or look it up in its manual).
Thanks given by: