port forwarding not working
hi y'all, I got the cuberite server working just fine on my raspberry pi 3, the only problem is that the port 25565 is not open even though I went into my router settings and opened it.I followed the instructions on portforward.com for my router, but when I go to a port checker site and enter my external ip it says that it is still closed. I even set the static ip on my pi. If you have any Idea on how to get this working please help me.
Thanks given by:
Maybe the firewall is blocking the port? Configured a virtual server in the router for a specific local IP?
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.
First of all you should check that the port is open on the RasPi itself. When you do a "netstat -nlat" command, you should see the port open there. If not, then something wrong is with the Cuberite server itself. If it is, can you connect with the game on your local network? If you connect to your RasPi IP, does it work? If so, it's really a problem with the port forwarding, if not, the problem is with your LAN settings somewhere.
Additionally, can you connect over the LAN to the Cuberite's WebAdmin interface? (By default, it runs on http://ip.address:8080)
Thanks given by:
@xoft can you or someone other un-ban the user?
Thanks given by:
Done. Why the ban?
Thanks given by:
I am also not sure, maybe because of the link in his post? But then the post should have been also deleted, or?
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2017, 06:06 AM)xoft Wrote: Done. Why the ban?

Sorry,I got banned because I got marked as a spambot.

anyway, getting back to your question when I type in netstat -nlat, I get 

tcp6         :::8080
tcp6         :::22
tcp6        :::25565

I´m assuming this means that 25565 is open, so that´s good

I can also connect to the server via LAN plus the web admin page is working.

By now  I´m really confused as I followed all the right steps on portforward.com and I tried connecting using my external IP

Have you had this problem before so now you know the solution?
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2017, 04:37 PM)Testit Wrote: Maybe the firewall is blocking the port? Configured a virtual server in the router for a specific local IP?

The firewall is set to NAT only
Thanks given by:
is your router, your modem at the same time, or are you running like this modem-router-raspi ?
Then also open up the ports in the modem.
some modems for some odd reason need to be restarted for the changes to take effect, most of the time it will tell you so, sometimes it just doesn't.
Thanks given by:
Usually when you try to connect from your own LAN to your own external IP the connection won't work, so this could be the case. The external port checker or one of your friends trying to connect from the outside should be the definitive answer.

I suspect an IPv4/IPv6 issue. From the netstat listing, your Cuberite is listening on IPv6. Do you have IPv4 enabled on the raspi (sorry, can't help you with a command here, it likely depends on your Linux distro)?
Thanks given by: