Minecraft version unification & future
Hej all Smile. I'm still around! Server's doing well.

I've recently seen that there is some kind of grand unification update coming to all the "other" versions of Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, and Windows 10. So I hear that it's planned that you will have crossplatform play eventually.

Now, how's your take on this?

Do you think it would make sense to even try and support them once they're unified? They protocol version? To me, the Java based original is undeniably the priority, but I might even be interested in having it *all*. Imagine hosting a world that all these platforms can play on, *and* the Java based client as well. Surely the world would not be unlimited in size, but, what do you think?
Thanks given by:
I stand with the things I said here. It's too much work to support both protocols. Perhaps if the Java version is dropped we'll switch over.
Thanks given by:
*If* they unify the versions enough so that they use the same block types, same mechanics and unlimited worlds, we would of course consider adding protocol support. Right now the mechanics are too different for that.
Thanks given by: