[SOLVED] Compilation failure on centOS 7
Hello,

I try to build cuberite on centos 7 but it failed on the cmake step with this error:

Code:
 --- Running cmake...
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/var/games/minecraft/cuberite/CMakeLists.txt:1:
Parse error.  Expected a command name, got unquoted argument with text "".
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I don't know what to do. Please help me, you are my only hope Wink

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
Hi, welcome to the forums!

I assume you're using the compile.sh script, have you tried manually running cmake? From the cuberite folder, run:

Code:
mkdir Release
cd Release
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE ..
make

(from https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/blo...reebsd-etc)
Thanks given by:
Both solutions provide same result
Thanks given by:
Hm, weird. On my system, CMakeLists has a weird unicode character as the first character, it could be that's what's throwing it off (but it works fine on my Ubuntu system) - maybe try deleting the first line (with nano or something) to get rid of the character.
Thanks given by:
I remove all the comment section and the error still is here
Thanks given by:
i found the problem the file aren't unix format so I dos2unix them and it's working thanks for your help
Thanks given by:
That sounds like a mis-configured git client, normally it should checkout all files using the correct line-end format.
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2017, 05:39 PM)xoft Wrote: That sounds like a mis-configured git client, normally it should checkout all files using the correct line-end format.

First, sorry for the long wait.

Secondly, the server was new and the git with centos 7 default configuration.
Thanks given by:
Apparently dos2unix will also remove any UTF-8 BOM.  Maybe that's what cmake is choking on.
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2017, 01:01 AM)peterbell10 Wrote: Apparently dos2unix will also remove any UTF-8 BOM.  Maybe that's what cmake is choking on.

i don't succeed to configure git to use linux end line format

Edit: Your BOM guess was right it's the real problem. Do you know how to remove it when i git pull ?
Thanks given by: