Questions after updating
It's been a good while! My Minecraft server has been running nice and smooth for a while, but I still decided: time to update again. Must be almost a full year since I did that, last.

So -- I overwrote all the server files, kept my world and settings, and jumped right in. Works fine.

Except I get attacked and killed by invisible mobs now. I think it's skeletons (they shoot arrows) and possibly Zombies. The spiders I can actually see. H...help please?

One other thing. SingleClientVersion was set to version 1.9.4 up until now. Does that still make sense? Should I change, it, and if yes, to what? Or is that not even a good idea to have at all, any longer?

Much love to you all, hope you are doing well! Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello again Smile
The invisible mobs are turning out to be a big problem. There's a PR with a hotfix that makes the problem *almost* disappear, but it doesn't fix the fundamental issue yet, so we're not merging it. We need a brave hero to go spelunking down the depths of the code and find out what the cause is, and fix it properly.
Thanks given by:
I wish I could be that hero, but I have no idea about programming at all. But I keep dying to invisible mobs wherever I go, they're not a rare thing, they're literally all over the place now, and I have to basically disable all hostile mobs, even spiders, even though I did see *some* spiders, an invisible one just killed me, too.

Interestingly, the first time I went into my server, all my sheep were invisible as well. They only became visible after 15 seconds or so, when I kept looking directly into their pen. (With about 30 or so inside). Maybe it was the sheer mass of sheep that finally had the server realise I needed to see them, I don't know.

You can't even hit and kill invisible mobs. I tried. It's like they're not really there. But those affected will die in the sunlight if I enable day time.
Thanks given by:
It's worse than I thought. I can disable invisible mobs, but the mobs are sometimes visible, sometimes not. And what's worse: other players are invisible a lot of the time.

This *really* needs to get addressed! It's borderline unplayable now.
Thanks given by: