Need basic help: How to upload my own map?
Hi!

I installed cuberite on my Raspberry Pi 3 with DietPi. It shows up in minecraft and I can use the web interface. 

But I already have a 99 MB map I would like to use. How do I replace the standard world with my own? Is it possible with the web interface?
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.

It is impossible to replace the map using the web interface - the server cannot overwrite the world while it is using it (even when no players are connected). You will need to copy the world files manually, while the server is NOT running. There's a folder called "world" next to your Cuberite executable, that's where the world files go - there should be a "region" subfolder there with .mca files, remove those and copy the .mcs files from your map there. Similarly, if you have Nether / End files in your world, they go into the world_nether/region and world_the_end/region subfolders. Note that Cuberite doesn't currently support using vanilla player files, so all the player inventories will be lost. If you want to move it over as well, the easiest way is to stash the inventory in a chest, then copy the world files over.

Also note that Cuberite uses a different terrain generator, so if you walk outside of the map you copy, it will generate new chunk using a different algorithm and there will be a noticeable edge - possibly something similar to this: http://i.stack.imgur.com/gYn90.png
Thanks given by:
Thank you!

That worked. I used a samba share to copy the region files after I stopped cuberite.
But now I have another problem: When I first enter my world I always end up with a black screen. So I figured out I can teleport myself to working coordinates. Great. But when I die I have to repeat this because I always start with a black screen - again. 
I tried setting the coordinates in the settings.ini and tried the command /setspawn X Y Z but with no luck. Any idea how to set the spawn coordinates for me and for new players for death and initial spawn in the world? 
Thank you!
Thanks given by:
.... and another thing: I can not enter The Nether. ...
Thanks given by:
/setspawn should work for you, assuming that you have the needed privileges. The black screen is most likely caused by the spawn coords being set inside the terrain.
To change the spawn coords for new players, you need to edit world.ini in the world folder (the coords are world-specific).

As for the Nether, no idea there. Is there an error message in the console or in-game when you attempt to go to the Nether? Or maybe some message upon server startup, saying that the Nether is disabled? Does the server prepare the Nether world upon startup?
Thanks given by:
If for some reason /setspawn doesn't work, you can always edit the player data file - in the "players" folder there's a bunch of subfolders and in each a bunch of .json files, each corresponding to one player (based on their UUID); open them in notepad and change the SpawnX, SpawnY, SpawnZ coords in there. There's also a "lastknownname" somewhere in that file, specifying the player name, to help you locate the correct file.
Thanks given by:
(11-14-2017, 07:01 AM)xoft Wrote: If for some reason /setspawn doesn't work, you can always edit the player data file - in the "players" folder there's a bunch of subfolders and in each a bunch of .json files, each corresponding to one player (based on their UUID); open them in notepad and change the SpawnX, SpawnY, SpawnZ coords in there. There's also a "lastknownname" somewhere in that file, specifying the player name, to help you locate the correct file.

It did not work with /setspawn but it worked with the players json file. Is there a way to change this for all new players? 

And I am still unable to enter the Nether. I tried to edit the world.ini like this (cubrite is not running):

[LinkedWorlds]
NetherWorldName=world_nether
EndWorldName=

But after I tried to enter the Nether in the game the parameters are gone. 

the folder "world_nether" exists and there is a world.ini and region files in there. Any idea?
Thanks given by: