Communication between Cuberite and Forge Mod
Hi Guys,

In first place, let me introduce myself, I'm a C++ programmer, I'm not an expert but I have some decent skills (my English is not so good, so please be patient with meBig Grin), so far I'm not a Minecraft player, really, I never play it but I have 4 child that love it, during some time we use (I configure, they play) and spigot server.
Find the right plugins, configure it and maintain the server running in a low-end machine is a difficult task until I found Cuberite, an awsome peace of sorftware, really, a very good work, I read the some peace of code to understand how it work and is very easy to understand, you do a VERY GOOD WORK!!.

So, here we are, we are trying to create our own RGP system, with races like WereWolf, Vampire, Humans with professions like Hunter, to track and take the other down, etc, so far hoy plugin has only little peace of code barely working.

I manage to create some new items using the LoreTable to save a line with special texts that can be used in a CIT file (Optifine) to replace the texture and show the correct one, perhaps is not the best way but the workaround work very well to place textures for new items and the server does almost nothing of extra work.

Now, I'm looking for a way to change the texture of the players and some mobs, after read a lot, I have an idea but non a clue about how implement it.
As I can see, Cuberite has the ability to accept Forge Clients, so, perhaps is more easy to create the textures for player and mobs in a Forge Mod and communicate it with the server

I open to suggestion, help, ideas.

Best Regards
Trungus
Thanks given by:
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I believe it's possible for a server to suggest a texturepack. You could check if it's possible to use that as it's much simpler. If you have to use a plugin you could try Plugin channels to communicate with a mod. I also used it for WorldEdit to communicate with WECUI. There also seems to be an API inside cServer to communicate with mods.

I hope this helps. I don't think we have allot of plugins which communicate with Forge mods.
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2018, 05:49 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Hi, welcome to the forum.

I believe it's possible for a server to suggest a texturepack. You could check if it's possible to use that as it's much simpler. If you have to use a plugin you could try Plugin channels to communicate with a mod. I also used it for WorldEdit to communicate with WECUI. There also seems to be an API inside cServer to communicate with mods.

I hope this helps. I don't think we have allot of plugins which communicate with Forge mods.

I agree with you, the texturepack is much easier, in fact, we already create a book and a weapon as a test and work great but I can found a way to do de same for user texture because the json file for texture has a limited access to data and I can't found any property in cPlayer that I can use to save a string (the cItem has LoreTable and json config of texture pack can be configure to read it without an issue).

I'll check the WorldEdit and cServer today, I'll be back with the results. 

Thank you a Lot.
Thanks given by:
(01-23-2018, 08:40 PM)trungus Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 05:49 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: Hi, welcome to the forum.

I agree with you, the texturepack is much easier, in fact, we already create a book and a weapon as a test and work great but I can found a way to do de same for user texture because the json file for texture has a limited access to data and I can't found any property in cPlayer that I can use to save a string (the cItem has LoreTable and json config of texture pack can be configure to read it without an issue).

I'll check the WorldEdit and cServer today, I'll be back with the results. 

Thank you a Lot.

Hi NiLSPACE, I do not forget this topic, right now I'm busy with others points, I'll be back to this in some time.
Thanks given by: