BlockState breaking the API
So the BlockState PR is gonna break the API in some ways.

So how are we gonna go about it?

There is a function convering BlockState <-> BlockType, NibbleType. We can manually export all the functions manually. (I don't like this - just carrying old stuff with us)
We can just dump everything (and when at it dump all the vector 3 overrides)

and we have to think about how we interface with the new BlockState
  - Construct from String
  - Export the whole BlockState stuff to API (then autogenerate the BlockState API Docs)
Thanks given by:
This might be a long shot, but can we replace all E_BLOCK_XYZ global variables to have a blockstate variable instead of the integer we have now? I'm not sure how we would handle nibbletypes with that though.

Something like this in manual bindings:
tolua_constant(tolua_S, "E_BLOCK_AIR", Block::Air::Air());
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2021, 09:43 PM)NiLSPACE Wrote: This might be a long shot, but can we replace all E_BLOCK_XYZ global variables to have a blockstate variable instead of the integer we have now? I'm not sure how we would handle nibbletypes with that though.

Something like this in manual bindings:
tolua_constant(tolua_S, "E_BLOCK_AIR", Block::Air::Air());

Actually the method

Block::Air::Air()

returns a short. so that might actually work for the present blocks
Thanks given by:
There might be a few problems though. As I understand it a blockstate represents what we currently use two variables for (blocktype and blockmeta/nibbletype). Methods that currently require those two variables could have problems. We could add deprecated bindings for those to automatically convert the old blocktype/meta variables into a blockstate.

To be honest, while backwards compatibility is nice, this is such a huge architectural change which we need to move forward that I'm fine with a somewhat lacking compatibility layer like deprecated bindings which translate blocktype/meta on the fly.
Thanks given by: