Block State transition
Just wanted to give a heads-up.

This is more or less working. More or less....
The most important thing is to merge the other BlockState class and fixing the API.

I have some questions:

1) Do we want to add the new world loading in this PR? So actually loading block states from disk

2) do we want to purge all bugs or yolo the merge and fix it afterwards? Game breaking bugs excluded I am talking about placing blocks, breaking stuff, ...
3) At the moment world loading is as sow as generating a new one. This is because I have to iterate through every block and switch to its block state. Is this acceptable [for now]?
Thanks given by:
If it were up to me I'd say:
1) No, world loading can be done at a later date.
2) Ideally yes, but if there are only a few minor bugs that can be fixed later that'd be fine as well.
3) What is the alternative for this?
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2021, 02:39 AM)NiLSPACE Wrote: If it were up to me I'd say:
1) No, world loading can be done at a later date.
2) Ideally yes, but if there are only a few minor bugs that can be fixed later that'd be fine as well.
3) What is the alternative for this?

2) it seems playable. I am caught in creative because I broke the core pluginĀ 
3) see 1)
Thanks given by:
And reguarding 1)

Loading a pre block-state map requires us to do more then just iterating through the map and switching block/meta to blockstate.

Large plants for example are now stored differently and to convert the top block you need the lower block. Previously the top block only knew it was the top block
Thanks given by:
Is it a one-time conversion or would it have to be redone as soon as the chunk is unloaded and reloaded? If worldloading can prevent this perhaps it's more important than I initially thought.
Thanks given by:
To do it properly it would be a one time thing (like with any minecraft update)

We just need a proper way to write block states to disk -> world loading,saving
Thanks given by: