[FIXED] Saving/Loading terrain bug
(02-17-2012, 10:29 PM)Bookkc Wrote: I can`t Compile^(

Can't as in "compiler gives errors" or as in "I don't want to go through the trouble"?

If it's the first one, share with us the error messages. If the second one, tough luck, I don't think we'll be releasing any of the current revisions to public, since the server is still very unstable and may destroy your world and delete your entire disk or whatever Wink

I think installing visual studio 2008 or 2010 express (free), opening the included solution files and hitting F7 is too easy to be complaining about being unable to do itTongue
Thanks given by:
Okay, I ran into this behavior a few times as well, and my conclusion is that it's because of the thread-unsafe cChunkPtr used in the chunk generator. Unfortunately there's no quickfix; this is being worked on gradually. I'm whacking the Generator and FakeTruth promised to rewrite the lighting, so it'll be done eventually Smile
Thanks given by:
Hey,

I also get
Code:
[01:00:30] Unknown storage schema name "". Using default. Available schemas:
[01:00:30]      "compact"
[01:00:30]      "forgetful"

The other errors i dont get with the latest build! weird.. saving chunks seems to work now yay!
Thanks given by:
Yes, that happens if you delete the entire world folder. The world folder normally contains the world.ini file that tells MCS how to store chunks. If the file is missing, MCS doesn't know and therefore produces this warning. No worry, it means MCS took care of it for you Smile

Right now the only meaningful value is compact (saves into PAK files, as before); "forgetful" means that the chunks don't get saved at all. Hopes are that soon enough the original minecraft format, MCR, will be supported too.
Thanks given by:
Ah thanks,
not sure why i would want to set it as forgetful haha.
Thanks given by:
Actually forgetful might be useful.

The great point of the current architecture is that it saves chunks using the selected scheme, but uses ALL available schemes for loading.

If you have built something on your server (while set to compact) and you want the general public to be able to walk in your world, but not let them do changes, set the storage to forgetful and restart the server.

Potential griefers are happy that they destroyed half your creation, imagine their shock when they log back in in two minutes to see their damage completely undone Wink

But to be fair, forgetful is there only because it is kind of a coding example of how to plug a storage scheme to the system, for the developers of new storage schemas Smile
Thanks given by: