[FIXED] can't join when you got mods installed
i have the voxelbox modpack installed and if i try to join the console says kicking user "STR_Warrior" for "Hacked Client"
and if i force update minecraft i can join.
Thanks given by:
There are 2 places in the code that can kick you with that message:
1, Your client sends a different username in the login packet than in the handshake packet
2, Your client sends an unexpected packet before fully joining the game. A specific warning message is output to the console, "Invalid packet in state N: 0xAB from client XYZ".

If it's the first case, tough luck, I don't think relaxing this test would be wise security-wise.

If it's the second case, let me know the exact packet type (0xAB in the message) and the state number, I'll see if it can be made to work.
Thanks given by:
(02-25-2012, 05:35 AM)xoft Wrote: There are 2 places in the code that can kick you with that message:
1, Your client sends a different username in the login packet than in the handshake packet
2, Your client sends an unexpected packet before fully joining the game. A specific warning message is output to the console, "Invalid packet in state N: 0xAB from client XYZ".

If it's the first case, tough luck, I don't think relaxing this test would be wise security-wise.

If it's the second case, let me know the exact packet type (0xAB in the message) and the state number, I'll see if it can be made to work.

this is the error   
Thanks given by:
It seems the modded client is sending chat messages before you're fully in the game. I've changed Rev 327 to ignore these, so you should be able to play now.
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2012, 09:49 AM)xoft Wrote: It seems the modded client is sending chat messages before you're fully in the game. I've changed Rev 327 to ignore these, so you should be able to play now.

ok thanksBig Grin
Thanks given by: