Some semi-random thoughts on terrain generation
Thanks given by: Seadragon91
No, that was not intentional, we should probably mimic Vanilla here as well, which means stopping the clay a few blocks under the sealevel. Those ravines do look cool, though, perhaps we can make them into a separate finisher that would put the clay around some ravines.
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE
I believe someone ordered a flower generator for the overworld in a certain presentation that was live streamed?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: sphinxc0re , xoft , Schwertspize
It might need some parameter tweaking, such as the number of blocks that it sets, or the distance between the clumps. Other than that, good job Smile

Here's a Mesa for you.
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/apvRbv9_700b.jpg
Thanks given by:
The generator doesn't work like that. Per chunk it currently only tries to place one clump at most. What I want to figure out first though is a good way to determine what flowers should be placed in what biome. I was thinking of adding an option in the world.ini with some kind of format:
Code:
[Generator]
Flowers=Forest;ForestHills|yellowflower; redflower; bigflower:1, sunflowerplains|bigflower:0

Or something like that. Currently I have a large switch in the code which we obviously don't really want as it's ugly and cannot be configurated.
Thanks given by:
"And here you see a rare flower blooming"
[Image: 6d728c68ef.jpg]

I finally had some time to work on this again. As you can see it's now configurable. Smile
Thanks given by:
Rare flowers bloom into lapis lazuli blocks?
Thanks given by:
No, you can configure what the clumps are ^^
Thanks given by:
ohhhh
Thanks given by:
Following my terrible presentation, I updated the documentation to include the Grown biome generator, along with lots and lots of colorful examples:
https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/3078
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE